Honored Contributor

I have a 15x Floxite and I love it! I can see bats in the cave with it.Woman WinkWoman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I have a Zadro vanity mirror (10X) I bought on HSN.  I LOVE it!!!   I also have a small floxite mirror for travel.   I think it's important to check your face and skin carefully.  Yes 10X magnification is a lot but I feel if it looks presentable with that than I should look nice in normal settings!!!   At 50 something I can use the help with trying to see clearly!!

Trusted Contributor

Cannot see well enough in a regular mirror to apply eye makup correctly.  The magnifying mirror is necessary.

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs,   I like the magnifying mirror when I pluck my eyebrows.  Also it may show other flaws you want to fix.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Maybe if you are under the age of 30 you might not need a magnifying mirror.  I use mine to groom my eyebrows and put on makeup.  Couldn't live without it.

Honored Contributor

To do a good job of makeup application, of course.  I love my 10X mirror, especially for eye makeup application, but no longer plug it in.  I've adjusted the bathroom lighting so I have great lighting from anywhere. 

As for magnifying strengths, 10X is fine.  Once I stopped in a store and held an 18X to my face, and OMG what a shock that was!   Like seeing the craters on the moon!   lol

Respected Contributor

The first time I looked at myself in one of those was a shock for sure!  After that, it took some courage to do it again, but I did see some things that needed attention that I wouldn't have seen without the magnification.

I had a similar experience the first time I looked in a regular mirror after my cataract surgery.......OMG!  Now I can see all those scary things without the magnifying mirror!   Cat Surprised

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

I've been using my 15x for years. I need it because I am near-sighted.

Better than the mirror to tell you things, than someone else.

Honored Contributor

That's the only way to find all those stray black hairs on your chin etc. LOL!!!

Trusted Contributor
When I was younger I could easily see well enough to put my makeup on with the vanity mirror. Now I need at least 10X to even see anything. I need a small 15X just to make sure my brows match somewhat. The struggle is real.