Super Contributor

I just got an email from LaMer about their new Renewal Oil which is $240 for 1 oz.  No ingredients listed except for their "miracle broth."  And if you don't want that, you can get their new Genaissance Serum for $620 for 1 oz.  The oil has 2 reviews, both excellent.  Anyone want to try them?  Not in my price range!!!

Respected Contributor

I bought LaMer's expensive cream a couple of years ago and it's just HYPE.  Paula's website didn't rate it good and I should not have purchased.  Money down the drain for me.  

Respected Contributor

image.jpg

LaMer Renewal Oil Ingredients

Super Contributor

Thanks BC - that's a LOT of ingredients.  Still didn't change my mind.  Not buying.

Trusted Contributor

While I use LaMer in some products, I also use products I purchase from a dermatologist and are Medical Grade.  I appreciate the curiosity of the posters about the products, however, I am stumped as to why the question is raised when there is no intention to purchase? Also, I have been watching these types of threads and it is always a curiosity that someone will invariably post about Paulas Choice not being a fan.  As if we did not already know this.  Sigh....It just seems to be a forum for a pitch for someone elses products.  Maybe not.  But it always seems to follow a similar script.

Super Contributor

@Deanie wrote:

While I use LaMer in some products, I also use products I purchase from a dermatologist and are Medical Grade.  I appreciate the curiosity of the posters about the products, however, I am stumped as to why the question is raised when there is no intention to purchase? Also, I have been watching these types of threads and it is always a curiosity that someone will invariably post about Paulas Choice not being a fan.  As if we did not already know this.  Sigh....It just seems to be a forum for a pitch for someone elses products.  Maybe not.  But it always seems to follow a similar script.

No ulterior motive for posting other than I guess I was shocked at the price.  I am not "pitching" product for LaMer.  The beauty form is for discussing beauty products.  I was just wondering if anybody had tried these products.  Happy for anyone who can afford them.  As for Paula's Choice, I am neither a fan nor a detractor.

Respected Contributor

I always have a very small jar of LM in my house-perfect for winter, esp. I am now using it on my breat that is being irradiated for cancer. No burns or problems.

Respected Contributor

@appm wrote:

Thanks BC - that's a LOT of ingredients.  Still didn't change my mind.  Not buying.

@appm, a lot of ingredients is not really a good thing. You know that old saying, "a jack of all trades but a master of none?"  Sort of applicable here.  Almost all are in percentages that render their properties ineffective.  .2% to at most .5% of them is just not enough.  They're in there just to say they are.  After about a third of the way down on the deck they're superfluous.  

Honored Contributor

I stopped reading at the second ingredient.  That would be the case no matter the price.  Not for me.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I rec'd the e-mail and the oil isnt impressive to me either. I stick w/the original CDLM