Honored Contributor

I have these curlers, got the smallest size for my short hair , but there is no way, unless I hold each one in place, they will stay in my very fine hair. The clips are a joke. I would not recommend buying them unless you have very thick hair that can hold them.

Respected Contributor

I agree they are the worst curlers I have ever purchased. The clips are louzy and they did not curl my long hair. I should of sent them back.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks. Actually I have been wondering about these for a while, i.e. whether they would stay in without slipping out.  I had been interested because the clips in my hot rollers tear my hair.  I guess this answers that question.  I'm not standing there holding each roller in place one by one.

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

I agree they are the worst curlers I have ever purchased. The clips are louzy and they did not curl my long hair. I should of sent them back.

Me too

Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I have these curlers, got the smallest size for my short hair , but there is no way, unless I hold each one in place, they will stay in my very fine hair. The clips are a joke. I would not recommend buying them unless you have very thick hair that can hold them.

@151949      They also burn burn your scalp! I have two sets and never use them because they get too hot!

Valued Contributor

I have short baby fine hair and there was no way I could use these curlers.  I tried but had to return.  Don't buy if you have short fine hair. I could get the hair around the curler but the weight of it made the curler fall forward.  

Esteemed Contributor

@june22 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@151949      They also burn burn your scalp! I have two sets and never use them because they get too hot!

The Calista rollers had to be amongst the worse Q purchases I ever made. Heavy, burnt scalp, clips were a joke ... horrible!! Tried for about a week to make them work thinking it was me. But I don't even know why they show these rollers anymore. I do not see how they would work for anyone.

DO NOT BUY. Smiley Frustrated

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."

I agree...I have fine short hair.  They do not work.  My red light wold never come on either...but the machine got hot.  Returning

The people they show on tv must have course, thick hair.

then maybe...and I mean MAYBE they would work.

Regular Contributor

@Grandma Rita A wrote:

I agree...I have fine short hair.  They do not work.  My red light wold never come on either...but the machine got hot.  Returning

The people they show on tv must have course, thick hair.

then maybe...and I mean MAYBE they would work.

I have long,  thick, normal/not baby fine hair and the curlers for long hair did not work for me at all.   They are a joke! 

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm the odd woman out.  My hair is collarbone length with some long layers.  I've had pretty good luck with these curlers, but I do have to use a heat styling spray with them.  Calista Tools Complete is what I use.  That said, I don't use the heated curlers that often - only when I want fuller, all over curls.  On a daily basis, it's easier to use a flat iron, the Perfector, or an blowdryer brush thing I have.