Valued Contributor

I purchased the TSV and used Be Strong as the base coat then followed with 2 coats of Sheer Pink.  It looks very nice and I will decide about keeping it once I see how well it lasts.  I have life-long peeling nails and only had good results with OPI's Gel Break Trio.  Unfortunately Gel Break has been difficult to find so I thought I would try this.

New Contributor

Does anyone know if the auto-delivery is exactly the same as the first delivery?  Sometimes A-Ds have different colors in subsequent deliveries, and Julep does have one or two other "Take a Breather" shades.

Honored Contributor

Been having trouble with nails not growing.  I have been using Julep Oxygen Nail Therapy (which is clear in color) and then applying my polish over it.  Bought the TSV and I don't think they made it clear that the light colors (Take A Breather) should be used alone.  I put the pink one on yesterday and it just looks clear after two coats.  That is not a good look for me.  I will probably still keep the TSV since returns are so costly.  These light colors on me look nothing like the demos on QVC.  Also, they didn't explain that for best results with these two that you should not use a color polish over it.   Will cancel my AD.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Been having trouble with nails not growing.  I have been using Julep Oxygen Nail Therapy (which is clear in color) and then applying my polish over it.  Bought the TSV and I don't think they made it clear that the light colors (Take A Breather) should be used alone.  I put the pink one on yesterday and it just looks clear after two coats.  That is not a good look for me.  I will probably still keep the TSV since returns are so costly.  These light colors on me look nothing like the demos on QVC.  Also, they didn't explain that for best results with these two that you should not use a color polish over it.   Will cancel my AD.

I highly recommend Sally Hansen Miracle Growth, gold top, gold bottle.  This is clear and will be your base coat.

Honored Contributor

@Katilein wrote:

I think they said "you can use under nail polish". It didn't say specifically under the TSV polishes since they're a treatment. So I wasn't sure. Thank you

This is correct.  It wouldn't make any sense to put the clear under the treatment products.  I think they were very careful in their use of the words "nail polish" and "treatments"

Honored Contributor

@acter wrote:

Does anyone know if the auto-delivery is exactly the same as the first delivery?  Sometimes A-Ds have different colors in subsequent deliveries, and Julep does have one or two other "Take a Breather" shades.

@acter I hate it when QVC removes product info on A/D's when the A/D sells out, for this exact reason.  You can locate the video, though, and see the presentation with Mary Beth.  She said the future shipments will still have the pink treatment in both of them.  Instead of the ivory one, the second shipment will have a sheer orchid color and the third will have sheer pearl.  Also, the oil is only part of the first kit.  The second will have remover pads and the third will have a cuticle cream.  All kits will still have the file and the clear.  I hope that all makes sense. 

Honored Contributor

Mini update from me...

My kit arrived last week, around Tuesday or Wednesday, but I didn't open it until Thursday late afternoon/early evening.  I washed my hands, applied the cuticle oil and massaged it in.  Then I waited just a little while and applied one coat of the pink treatment.  There was just a tint of color and it had a satiny kind of finish - not overly glossy.  Mind you, my nails are practially non-existent and so short you can't see any white at the tips.  I also have ridges on the tops and a very bad habit of picking at the dry cuticles, pull them off, and they end up sore.  In my experience of trying assorted polishes that are supposed to help nails grow, I've found that the product chips and/or peels within a day or two.  In only a few days of using the Julep kit, my cuticles are softening and repairing and I'm seeing a tiny bit of white tips on several of my nails.  I'm really impressed by the kit and very pleased that my first application of the treatment is still like new w/o any chipping or peeling.  This kit gives me hope.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

I highly recommend Sally Hansen Miracle Growth, gold top, gold bottle.  This is clear and will be your base coat.

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

Thanks.  I'm going to buy that today.  

Valued Contributor

Thank you for the information on the contents of subsequent deliveries. Julep was not a bad product but OPI's Gel Break lasted longer for me.  I think it needs a top coat.  I wanted to know what the remaining deliveries will include and called customer service however no one could tell me.  I didn't care for the ivory color so am glad to know I will receive something different.

QVC Customer Care