Honored Contributor

Re: JOSIE MARAN TSV ...JUST GOT MINE AND NOT HAPPY..

@KingstonsMom wrote:

With Josie's body butter. many people feel like they didn't get the right amount of product in the jar.

But these products are whipped (adding air, like meringue), which tends to settle during storage and shipping.

If you turn the containers upside down and tap it on the counter, the air will fluff it back up, so that it does fill the container.

And they're sold by weight, not volume. Sometimes I get a big air hole in one, but it doesn't matter because weight, not volume. An air pocket doesn't weight anything and you aren't cheated if you get one.

Valued Contributor

@lyn61 It sounds like you may have received defective kit. As per our policy, you should not be charged for the initial shipping and handling or for the return shipping. You will just want to make sure to include the return pack slip with the reason for return marked as "defective".

Brittany 

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Yeah the products rarely smell like their name implies and are usually don't smell good so I've stopped trying her body butters even though I like how they perform.

Fragrances are SO hit or miss and there's always a risk ordering online. I agree, the Josie Maran fragrances often don't smell like the things they are named for and miss more often than others. I ordered an earlier TSV on Auto because I wanted a future scent (Mai Tai Pineapple!) and figured I'd give away the caramel apple scent in the first kit. After my disastrous encounter with WEN's Fall Apple Spice, I thought it would be terrible, but I wound up loving it. That was totally unexpected.

I really like her Lemon Verbena scent, but Sweet Cranberry and some of the others have been huge busts for me. The Vanilla Fig smells like neither vanilla nor fig, but I love that one anyway. The Vanilla Pear smells too much like a baked pastry and it was too much vanilla and not enough pear for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

With Josie's body butter. many people feel like they didn't get the right amount of product in the jar.

But these products are whipped (adding air, like meringue), which tends to settle during storage and shipping.

If you turn the containers upside down and tap it on the counter, the air will fluff it back up, so that it does fill the container.

And they're sold by weight, not volume. Sometimes I get a big air hole in one, but it doesn't matter because weight, not volume. An air pocket doesn't weight anything and you aren't cheated if you get one.

Well, I and just about everyone else want those tubs that look like they do during the presentation. Don't give me air pocket excuses. Just give me the containers with product that look like those during the presentation. Got it? Don't give QVC any room for excuses. JM was selling a product and I expect to get the same product.

PS  And I am fine with the scent. Do I like Vanilla Fig better. Yes.  I love Wen Fig and detest the scent of Lavendar and Tea Tree Wen so I don't purchase.

Trusted Contributor

@CalMom wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Well, I and just about everyone else want those tubs that look like they do during the presentation. Don't give me air pocket excuses. Just give me the containers with product that look like those during the presentation. Got it? Don't give QVC any room for excuses. JM was selling a product and I expect to get the same product.

PS  And I am fine with the scent. Do I like Vanilla Fig better. Yes.  I love Wen Fig and detest the scent of Lavendar and Tea Tree Wen so I don't purchase.

You can be sure you're getting the same tubs that look like they do while being presented.  Pay careful attention the next time you see Josie and she will (although she trys to do it off camera) invert and pat firmly the bottom of the jar before opening and doing her thing.  This is just marketing, plain and simple.  Come on people - educate yourselves!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@CalMom wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

You can be sure you're getting the same tubs that look like they do while being presented.  Pay careful attention the next time you see Josie and she will (although she trys to do it off camera) invert and pat firmly the bottom of the jar before opening and doing her thing.  This is just marketing, plain and simple.  Come on people - educate yourselves!

@fitfuninformedJosie didn't invert the tubs upside down as they were sitting on the table completely full. If she is going to show the product and say, this is what you will get, I don't expect half or 3/4 filled containers. I am educated with a masters and don't necessarily accept everything thrown my way. You, seem to be a little mouse!

Honored Contributor

I really like the body butter however the first one I purchased years ago smelled like a very light citrus.  It was wonderful.  I've tried just about every scent she has and can't find that light citrus, the "citrus" that's available now is just harsh... all of the scents (to me) are just too harsh and it's affected my wanting the product.....  I know she now has an unscented product but that doesn't appeal to me when I loved that light citrus scent so much..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Contributor

Started to get worried so I opened my body butter. My eye cream was filled normally-just a bit from the top. My body butter still in box because I still had another jar I was usi Fng. I opened it and it was OVERFLOWED! The lid made that whip on the top and the lid was covered in product! Like I said, it's been sitting in normal position-not upside down which it looked like. So, I think the few of you must have received the few that settled. Sorry! But, I will give it to you on the scent. Does smell like a man's scent (vanilla almond). Disappointed about that. Was looking forward to opening and enjoying.
Trusted Contributor

I

@CalMom wrote:

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@CalMom wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@fitfuninformedJosie didn't invert the tubs upside down as they were sitting on the table completely full. If she is going to show the product and say, this is what you will get, I don't expect half or 3/4 filled containers. I am educated with a masters and don't necessarily accept everything thrown my way. You, seem to be a little mouse!

I don't imagine you've ever heard the term 'stage setting', but I digress. 

I apologize if I did offend, not the intention.  Just suggesting - not everything is as it appears - marketing is marketing.

Contributor

I bought the face cream from Josie's sight and the jar was full! Makes no sense that the contents would not be the correct weight.