Honored Contributor

Re: I think I've given up eyeshadow...anyone else?

Is it just me, or are hooded eyes just normal 40ish plus eyes? So many people say they have hooded eyes, that I tend to think it must just be how eyes are for most people.

Beauty gurus seem to have a lot of lid space, which makes their eye makeup look spectacular, but I tend to think they are the unusual ones with all that lid, not us. I'm very willing to be wrong about this...

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Not giving up my eyeshadow....love it. 

Respected Contributor

I only use it rarely- I’m 57. As we get older, less is more, regarding makeup... JMO.

Honored Contributor

Eye shadow on anyone 60 plus looks terrible anyway. I just put a bit of light concealer on my eyelids. That is it. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Eye shadow on anyone 60 plus looks terrible anyway. I just put a bit of light concealer on my eyelids. That is it. 

You cannot be serious.

That's really jumping the shark on the age appropriate nonsense. 

Respected Contributor

I never thought I looked good in eyeshadow.  I have recently began wearing neutrals because I felt my eyes needed a little bit of oomph. I guess it’s helping I am not sure lol.🤔

Honored Contributor

At 68 I still wear eye shadow, but my eyes are not hooded. I wear bare minerals powder shadows because it looks the most natural and makes my hazel eyes look green.

Occasional Contributor

Since starting lashboost and my lashes are like whoa when I put on mascara, I no longer feel the need for eye shadow. My eyes are hooded and it takes a lot of effort to get eye shadow to show. So mascara and lashboost are all I need!
Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

You cannot be serious.

That's really jumping the shark on the age appropriate nonsense. 

Whoa!  I guess at 60 we're just supposed to give up and not even try anymore.  Or at the very least just fade into the background.  Not me.  I'm going to keep working it.  I go to the gym to keep my body working and in shape and I'm showing it off.  I'm not a beauty by any stretch of the imagination, and never was, but I clean up real nice, and I enjoy my eye makeup when I want to wear it.  I also think I do look better with it than without it.  

Respected Contributor

@Lashboostdiva wrote:
Since starting lashboost and my lashes are like whoa when I put on mascara, I no longer feel the need for eye shadow. My eyes are hooded and it takes a lot of effort to get eye shadow to show. So mascara and lashboost are all I need!

@Lashboostdiva ,

Do you sell rodan and fields?

All your posts are recommendations for their products.