Honored Contributor

Calista Perfecter Pro Swap Top

Let me get this out of the way, I'm not good with my hair (it's just about shoulder length, layered and fine although I have a lot of it). I bought this several years back, used it maybe twice. So I dig it out today to give it another try (I read the instructions, I know how to use it). Is there some kind of trick to this, I can't seem to get it right? My hair gets tangled, it doesn't really curl, I'm about to throw it in the graveyard of appliances that I failed at!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Calista Perfecter Pro Swap Top

Mine went somewhere - trashed or returned few years ago.  Think it was returned - getting tangled is the danger and it looks 'easy' when you're doing on somebody else.  To twist your arms over your head looking at mirror = it's useless.

I also return her hot rollers.  Buy NO Calista products now.

Valued Contributor

I have longer hair and have been interested in a perfector.  However, I think they are better suited to short hair.  I just know I would have a tangled mess if I tried to use it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Luv_My_Beagle I had that experience and it's beyond panic.  Before every heard of "C" I tried with plain brush and comb.  I have short hair - but the brush got tangled and tangled and the harder I tried to free it........worse it got.  Had to cut a chunk from crown to escape.  I'll never touch those things again.  Have to keep brush ......perfectly straight...not easy on ones self.  (arms get tired)

Valued Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@Luv_My_Beagle I had that experience and it's beyond panic.  Before every heard of "C" I tried with plain brush and comb.  I have short hair - but the brush got tangled and tangled and the harder I tried to free it........worse it got.  Had to cut a chunk from crown to escape.  I'll never touch those things again.  Have to keep brush ......perfectly straight...not easy on ones self.  (arms get tired)

Wow.  That sounds awful!  Well thanks for letting us know.  Money saved!

Frequent Contributor

I have a Calista Swap Top Perfector and love it! I first had chin length hair when I purchased it. I was able to use the smaller comb to style my hair. I have fine but thick hair. As my hair got longer, now to my shoulders, I use the larger comb roller to style my hair. I haven't had any trouble with it getting caught in my hair. I have burned myself with curling irons and hot rollers. I get a soft curl and lots of volume using the Calista. It may not be for everyone, but I am very happy to have it.

Contributor

Luv Pets, I agree. I have the original Perfector and use it all the time. It's never gotten caught in my hair & I achieve perfect loose curls with volume. It's the only tool I have ever mastered, was never successful with curling irons or straightening irons. Love my Perfector
Respected Contributor

It never worked for me and like a dummy I kept it too long to return. It is a very useless device with the potential for major hair destruction by getting stuck in the thing.  I feel strongly it's only for short short hair and should be marketed as such.