Respected Contributor

Re: I really dislike the "new" message board format...

Probably the majority on this board share your feelings. However, I guess we have to get used to it. I am slowly learning to maneuver through here. Glad to see you back. One thing for sure is that I don't post on here as much.

Honored Contributor

@Cheezit wrote:

Yeah I am discouraged with these boards and have lost interest.  I do miss the WEN boards, not sure where they went?

@Cheezit , Wen now has it's own QVC WEN forum in the My Favorite Brand forum section.

-- bebe Smiley HappyQVC WEN forum Wen FAQ - Wen 101 Wen News - Chaz on periscope - August Wen Chat 2015 -

Valued Contributor

I used to visit this board all the time and regularly post.  I used to see the names of lots of regular posters.  Now I look every few days, there are very few new topics posted with many less replies.  I think this board became very boring and stale after the changes were made.  It seems like posters can't freely discuss much and the humor is pretty much gone as well as the camraderie.  I remember about 3 years ago I posted that I was sad because I was putting my 16 year old dog down and I got thousands of views and over 400 sincere and compassionate replies all of which really helped me.  I don't see anything like that happening here anymore.  Too bad, it used to be interesting, fast paced and a good place to talk with friendly women.

Honored Contributor

@KateChopin wrote:

which is why I haven't been here in ages. I guess I just have to get used to it, but ...sigh.

Yes. If you avoid it, it will continue to feel difficult. The more you use it, the faster you will learn and the easier it will get. Jump in, immerse yourself, then decide.

Personally, I really like the new forums, though there are a few features I miss from the old ones. The new forums make it easier to post pictures, easier to format text, and allow me to do things like include a bulleted list or a hyperlink in my signature.

Honored Contributor

It is the worst forum I have seen in recent history. I guess it was cheap or free. I miss most of the discussions I used to take part in. 

Respected Contributor

I agree with @ChynnaBlue and @Adelina that the new boards are generally easier to use, have better features and improved civility  I recall that the old search function was often hit or miss -- the new searches are very easy and accurate.

But generally speaking there isn't a huge difference to me.

The one thing I do miss is that the "Favorite Brands" don't roll up to their higher categories.  On the old board you could view WEN posts under Beauty without additional effort.  It now takes more time to surf both sections of the board but it is certainly doable.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

I agree with @ChynnaBlue and @Adelina that the new boards are generally easier to use, have better features and improved civility  I recall that the old search function was often hit or miss -- the new searches are very easy and accurate.

The one thing I do miss is that the "Favorite Brands" don't roll up to their higher categories.  On the old board you could view WEN posts under Beauty without additional effort.  It now takes more time to surf both sections of the board but it is certainly doable.

Yes, I agree. Putting them in a separate category instead of under the proper parent category seems weird. But as long as you know where they are, it's not too bad.

I miss the Ignore feature.

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@islandgrrl wrote:

Yes, I agree. Putting them in a separate category instead of under the proper parent category seems weird. But as long as you know where they are, it's not too bad.

I miss the Ignore feature.

HA! (true that).

Honored Contributor

I am trying to re-train my brain to remember several different things at once, it seems. 

Switching from one discussion to another means I need to remember where it was (which category).

it could very well happen that a discussion I liked cannot be found again. I miss "stumbling into" interesting discussions or getting "on board" with the TSV, etc. 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

@KateChopin wrote:

which is why I haven't been here in ages. I guess I just have to get used to it, but

...sigh.

I don't either, which is why I don't come on as often. I just tried to change the font size & color, but it didn't go through.

What I don't like is the last post on a thread isn't the first one on the page. I also see a lot of posts being removed by the moderators.

Nice "seeing" you KateChopin.

Path