Honored Contributor

Re: I'm So Sick of My Hair....

@Sooner wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva.....I could have written your post.

I am very tired of my current hairstyle and color. I wanted to try something different, so I took a trip to a wig salon. I tried on a few different wigs and opted to purchase a style that my fine hair would probably never look like, no matter what I did.

Today in the light of day, I realized longer hair on a women my age sure doesn't look like it did twenty years ago. It got it out of my system and although the wig was pricy, she said she can trim it and style it if I ever wanted a change.

I am happy that I tried out the wig rather than doing anything drastic to my hair. It sure does help in making a decision about a style.

Good luck on finding something you love for your next hairstyle.

That's a smart thing to do!  Sounds like you are having fun with it. 

Hi @Sooner. It certainly was a wake up call. I really expected to look the same as I did 20 years ago with the same styles. What a surprise!! It helps with knowing what is realistic in regard to what will look good. I always disdained the thought of wearing a wig...I thought of them as uncomfortable but they have their place.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva.....I could have written your post.

I am very tired of my current hairstyle and color. I wanted to try something different, so I took a trip to a wig salon. I tried on a few different wigs and opted to purchase a style that my fine hair would probably never look like, no matter what I did.

Today in the light of day, I realized longer hair on a women my age sure doesn't look like it did twenty years ago. It got it out of my system and although the wig was pricy, she said she can trim it and style it if I ever wanted a change.

I am happy that I tried out the wig rather than doing anything drastic to my hair. It sure does help in making a decision about a style.

Good luck on finding something you love for your next hairstyle.

That's a smart thing to do!  Sounds like you are having fun with it. 

Hi @Sooner. It certainly was a wake up call. I really expected to look the same as I did 20 years ago with the same styles. What a surprise!! It helps with knowing what is realistic in regard to what will look good. I always disdained the thought of wearing a wig...I thought of them as uncomfortable but they have their place.

@Trinity11      I had a boss who wanted to use an unreasonably younger picture of himself in our publicity.  I'd call him on it and he would laugh and say "But that's the face I see in the mirror every morning when I shave!"  I'd laugh and say "Well, it's not the face WE see every morning!"  LOL!!!!

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

Oh how I know summers can wreak havoc on our hair.  We have to cram as much sun and fun into a few months and, well, there goes the hair!  Is your stylist using permanent or semi-permanent color?  I find semi's just don't last long, but then I wash often (frequently daily). Also, highlights tend to give my hair some added oomph!

Isn't Dominique a doll?  She is the only YouTuber I follow too!

@magicmoodz, my stylist uses permanent.  I threw semi-permanent on because it was quick and easy and I figured if it was that bad, I could wash my hair 28 times and get it back out.  Woman LOL

@Lipstickdiva

Did you make any drastic changes? Are you happy with the outcome?  

My mom, too, lost her hair to radiation. My dad felt so bad for her saying her hair was her crowning glory. It never ceases to amaze me how the most innocuous topics can become a source of contention. It's no wonder we women have a hard time breaking through the glass ceiling.  

@magicmoodz, I was in her chair while we chatted for awhile and discussed different options.  She gave me her concerns about some of the cuts I suggested and ultimately she ended up cutting up the back of my hair more into a wedge and angling it down but I didn't lose any length around my face. 

I asked about cutting one side shorter and she said she just couldn't picture me with it that way.  She wanted to do what she did and told me to see what I thought and if I still want the side cute shorter, to call her and she'll have me come back in.

I do think I want that side cut shorter and I also think I want the back tapered in even shorter for more of a difference.  Along the lines of Shawn's back but not that drastic.        

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

Oh good! It sounds as if you are happy! I think an angled bob is really a good cut for us straight-haired girls.

But I do really like Shawn's hair from what I have seen on fb. I say go for it!

Respected Contributor

Use a hair strengthening product it  will reduce breakage and it will appear your hair is growing more.  Also MSM  suppliment will help your hair grow longer. I think you should let it grow  some more so you will have more options