Honored Contributor

Re: I'm So Sick of My Hair....

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

There are ladies undergoing chemo, some with thyroid issues and/or aging who would give anything to have the problem of hairstyle or haircolor; they would like hair.  

@Nonametoday  I feel like you are almost shaming us for talking about our hair.  Surely that wasn't  your intention, but why bring that into the discussion?  Sorry, but I don't think the women here were being unkind about talking about hair issues. 

@Sooner

No, but I think the OP probably has very nice hair.  Just thinking about ways of styliing and making changes is not like "hating" your hair.  That is a strong word.  I often wanted to change my color, my style but I learned from saying that I "hated" it to a friend and "wanted to just shave it all off and start over", from a sweet lady behind me in line at a coffee shop. 

She made me think about what shaving all my hair off meant and the way it was stated that I was tired of my hair.  I will never forget it.  It is one thing to change styles and colors but wishing to shave it all off  is painful for some who do not have hair because it reminds them of why they wish they had hair they could shave or style or color, or whatever but most of all they wish they did not have the cancer that represents the reason they have no hair.

Honored Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

There are ladies undergoing chemo, some with thyroid issues and/or aging who would give anything to have the problem of hairstyle or haircolor; they would like hair.  

@Nonametoday  I feel like you are almost shaming us for talking about our hair.  Surely that wasn't  your intention, but why bring that into the discussion?  Sorry, but I don't think the women here were being unkind about talking about hair issues. 

@Sooner

No, but I think the OP probably has very nice hair.  Just thinking about ways of styliing and making changes is not like "hating" your hair.  That is a strong word.  I often wanted to change my color, my style but I learned from saying that I "hated" it to a friend and "wanted to just shave it all off and start over", from a sweet lady behind me in line at a coffee shop. 

She made me think about what shaving all my hair off meant and the way it was stated that I was tired of my hair.  I will never forget it.  It is one thing to change styles and colors but wishing to shave it all off  is painful for some who do not have hair because it reminds them of why they wish they had hair they could shave or style or color, or whatever but most of all they wish they did not have the cancer that represents the reason they have no hair.

@Nonametoday  But why do you think we don't all know that? 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

@Nonametoday, I never said I "Hated" my hair.  I said I"m sick of my hair. 

Other than that, I'm done addressing this ridiculousness. 

Honored Contributor

@LipstickDiva

Oh how I know summers can wreak havoc on our hair.  We have to cram as much sun and fun into a few months and, well, there goes the hair!  Is your stylist using permanent or semi-permanent color?  I find semi's just don't last long, but then I wash often (frequently daily). Also, highlights tend to give my hair some added oomph!

Isn't Dominique a doll?  She is the only YouTuber I follow too!

@magicmoodz, my stylist uses permanent.  I threw semi-permanent on because it was quick and easy and I figured if it was that bad, I could wash my hair 28 times and get it back out.  Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner  This is a beauty board, get over yourself.  There are many other vehicles to which you can preach your thoughts upon.  Perhaps you've missed your calling...

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

Oh how I know summers can wreak havoc on our hair.  We have to cram as much sun and fun into a few months and, well, there goes the hair!  Is your stylist using permanent or semi-permanent color?  I find semi's just don't last long, but then I wash often (frequently daily). Also, highlights tend to give my hair some added oomph!

Isn't Dominique a doll?  She is the only YouTuber I follow too!

@magicmoodz, my stylist uses permanent.  I threw semi-permanent on because it was quick and easy and I figured if it was that bad, I could wash my hair 28 times and get it back out.  Woman LOL

@Lipstickdiva

Did you make any drastic changes? Are you happy with the outcome?  

My mom, too, lost her hair to radiation. My dad felt so bad for her saying her hair was her crowning glory. It never ceases to amaze me how the most innocuous topics can become a source of contention. It's no wonder we women have a hard time breaking through the glass ceiling.  

Honored Contributor

I am sick of m hair too--my hair girl had carpel tunnel surgery and decided not to come back so now I have to find some else--been with her for 15 years!!  Had my hair cut by another gal in the same shop and just was not good. Now the hunt begins !!!

Honored Contributor

You can't say anything now without people taking it the wrong way, scolding you or interjecting something to stop the conversation.  Yes, it is no wonder nothing gets done nowdays and everyone is out of sorts.

Can't even discuss hairstyles without a "yes but. . . "

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva.....I could have written your post.

I am very tired of my current hairstyle and color. I wanted to try something different, so I took a trip to a wig salon. I tried on a few different wigs and opted to purchase a style that my fine hair would probably never look like, no matter what I did.

Today in the light of day, I realized longer hair on a women my age sure doesn't look like it did twenty years ago. It got it out of my system and although the wig was pricy, she said she can trim it and style it if I ever wanted a change.

I am happy that I tried out the wig rather than doing anything drastic to my hair. It sure does help in making a decision about a style.

Good luck on finding something you love for your next hairstyle.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva.....I could have written your post.

I am very tired of my current hairstyle and color. I wanted to try something different, so I took a trip to a wig salon. I tried on a few different wigs and opted to purchase a style that my fine hair would probably never look like, no matter what I did.

Today in the light of day, I realized longer hair on a women my age sure doesn't look like it did twenty years ago. It got it out of my system and although the wig was pricy, she said she can trim it and style it if I ever wanted a change.

I am happy that I tried out the wig rather than doing anything drastic to my hair. It sure does help in making a decision about a style.

Good luck on finding something you love for your next hairstyle.

That's a smart thing to do!  Sounds like you are having fun with it.