Valued Contributor

Oh, and one more thing - whatever your age, don't pinch your cheeks!  That's a good way to end up with broken capillaries on your cheeks, if you do it repeatedly.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Super Contributor

Today he is saying to buy 12 of the TTV.

Honored Contributor

@Beautymogul wrote:

I know! I really don't recall any other vendors that tell you to buy so many of their kits. At least this time Dimitri said "if you can afford to" buy 12. He should be careful with this because he can turn some people off who don't like the hard sell. I also don't like someone telling me how I should spend my money,

Honored Contributor

I think the idea is that if you like and use some of the products that are in a kit, you might as well buy more than one at the lower price. Since you know you will use it later. Makes total sense to me.

I go through my cosmetics products quite slowly, so I manage to time my purchases to good deals and today's values. It works great and I don't have to get multiples.

Dimitri is Dimitri. He's consistent. I think he's just a natural born salesman with a good and effective product that he feels comfortable selling fairly hard. Because he knows it is good and can work if the right person gets the right items. His style is not totally to my taste. It's a little bit Vegas swinger and a little bit K-Pop. But he does wear it well and with a lot of confidence. I find the overall effect quite entertaining. 

Regarding recommending Creme Reverse to a teen. That might partly be because it is oil free and very high quality ingredients. If cost is no issue, why not use the best from the start? No need to assume he meant she should de-age. I'd think a kid that age would do better with something with salacylic acid in it, but that's just moi.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

Never have bought any of his products. He does come off as a hard seller but love watching him. He is charismatic and seems like the type of vendor that would sit down and actually talk to you as a viewer. Watch his shows even if when I have zero interest in his products. 

Honored Contributor

@Beautymogul wrote:

I heard him say it too!!!!  He said buy 12-WHAT!

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Respected Contributor

Never tried his products, never will. I think he looks a bit too pinched, tight and injected...if his products are doing that to him, I most certainly don't want to try them. I see so many people who seem to like his products on these boards but I don't personally know anyone who uses his line either. IMHO he comes off a bit smarmy, lounge lizardish and too pushy. Not my thing.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I bet the 12 kits spiel is so that you can have a year's worth of the capsules.

You get enough capsules for one month in the today's special. So if you got 12 sets you'd have enough capsules for a year. The full price for a one month set of the capsules will supposedly be 129. So if you know you want to use the capsules every day, and don't want to pay 129 a month, you'd get however many sets you'd want before you needed to make another order.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@porcelain wrote:

I bet the 12 kits spiel is so that you can have a year's worth of the capsules.

You get enough capsules for one month in the today's special. So if you got 12 sets you'd have enough capsules for a year. The full price for a one month set of the capsules will supposedly be 129. So if you know you want to use the capsules every day, and don't want to pay 129 a month, you'd get however many sets you'd want before you needed to make another order.

@Porcelain  That's exactly the logic, to have enough capsules for a year.  Honestly, the TTV price is excellent.  The regular price of the Age Reset Serum by itself is around the same price so if you're someone who already uses that, everything else in today's kit is essentially free.  The problem with buying multiples, though, is that everything doesn't get used up at the same rate.  You might have enough Youth Capsules for a year, if you order 12 sets, but who needs 12 jars of Creme Reverse, 12 tubes of Age Reset, and MORE of the Line Erase stuff?  

Trusted Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

Never tried his products, never will. I think he looks a bit too pinched, tight and injected...if his products are doing that to him, I most certainly don't want to try them. I see so many people who seem to like his products on these boards but I don't personally know anyone who uses his line either. IMHO he comes off a bit smarmy, lounge lizardish and too pushy. Not my thing.

I think he looks doggone good. I don't know anybody who doesn't want to look good for their age. He doesn't have any look of being overly tightened or pinched at all. Just good skin with very little wrinkles.  What do you expect a man in his 50's to look like? 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.