Frequent Contributor

Re: I Had RHA Lip Injections Today 💋

You look wonderful!  So natural looking- you got just what you were looking for.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

How much do the RHA lip injections cost?

How long do the effects last? 

@Mindy D  RHA is a different, more natural results throughout the face from Switzerland.  My Doc has been using it for 2 years, once of the first Doc's to have it.

The most important is that it lasts much longer than Allergan, aka

Juvederm and the rest of them.  It's softer and much more pliable - a natural look with less swelling.  Bruising?  Tough depending on the individual.

Bruises in the lips as they are veinous are tough customers.  That's why they use different size needles.  A good injector does the best they can.  I've always been a bruiser all my life.  Nothing is going to change that. Oh I can go back tomorrow and they can laser it (at no charge) to break my big bruise up) Many places don't have this.  I like that.  I will see tomorrow but I know it will be at it's worst, day 3.  I would rather it have naturally dissapear.  I'll take the  time unless it spreads and get's too dark.

You can cover it with concealer to a degree and then powder, lipstick as well.  Wish I had a dark lipstick, LOL.

Back to your question how long do fillers such as RHA last?

It all depends upon your metabolism.  I am taller side and thin.

I burn through everything so fast.  The normal or bigger set woman will hold it longer.They are lucky in this respect I tell you.

RHA in general should last 10-11 months where juvederm does not.  I lasted 5 on juvederm. Ugh.

Pricing depends upon your area.  I can tell you that "RHA" is about $100.00 more than the good old restaylene and juvederm.

I'm in Palm Beach County.  1 syringe there 800 - 850 per syringe. You know this, big cities more cost.  RHA about 100 dollars more than the old versions.

A smaller city I'll bet $700.

PS.  Mindy they all say RHA lasts 1 year.  Maybe some.  Not me, but I do get my money's worth, 8 months? When done right.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @tends2dogs  I don't know what happened to Rochelle either.

But this threading business does not work or ever will be. I knew many Russians who tried it when they visited their home country.  It won't work. You would be better off with an RHA filler which will lift the lower jowl

as this is wear sagging occurs.

Without a big grin and smiling for pictures your jowl hangs down.

No getting around it. Try looking far away in a mirror with no smile.  No matter, it's the aging process.  No one looks younger than they are.  I see and read this countless times.  Magnifying mirrors are very impressive....try a side shot looking down on a selfie.

Necklift is the best way to go but costly but usually will last pretty good for life. best solution.

Trusted Contributor

By the way, if You have ever had herpes virus  they will ask or most good doctors do so.  I do not or ever did.

Not to be worried about it but they will write you a prescription for something "zaclayvoir"???"  something like  that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pink123  Hi!  It is acyclovir.  Also called, Zovirax.  I take it at the first itching/burning feeling of a cold sore coming on. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Pink123  Hi!  It is acyclovir.  Also called, Zovirax.  I take it at the first itching/burning feeling of a cold sore coming on. 

Hi @tends2dogs.  Yes, that's it.  You would be a perfect candidate for the prescription.  again, I liked she even mentioned it. 

I wanted to say my brother got shingles last week when he had MOHS skin cancer on his nose and forehead last week.

He has had the vaccine for shingles too.  He does have herpes though and no outbreaks for many years.  I understand it lessens after 50 and never had an outbreak since.

Poor guy!  Skin cancer and shingles at once.  It's on his back.

Hope your well,  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Pink123   Sorry to hear about your brother.  I had shingles when I was in high school.....not fun.  

I keep a good sized supply of Acyclovir on hand for cold sores and also, if I ever felt I was coming down with shingles.  There is a protocol for it and I would indeed begin immediately taking it.

I know they say that herpes usually burns out, but DH still gets a cold sore once in awhile and he is 78.  I am 70 and still get one if I don't ward it off ahead of time. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK, day 3.  I'm going out to dinner and covered side bruise as best I could. This is close up shot

Went to hair salon today and no one said a thing.  I like this new injector with the RHA and will go back for sure in the future for lips

I believe bottom line it's about the talent no matter what.

I think the bruises wil be gone in a few days which is unusual for a "bruiser" like me.

Here's the pic.

20240110_174158.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Pink123  Your lips look fantastic and I like the lipstick color that you're wearing- a nice rosy nude coral Smiley Happy.