Contributor

How to get Retin A, cheaper? Help!

Hello ladies.  I am wanting to get retin A cream but even with a goodRX discount card my doc gave me it still is 189 dollars.  😳😳 I don't want to get it out of the states so I am asking if you know of a way to get it cheaper?  Thanks in advance.  

Respected Contributor

Re: How to get Retin A, cheaper? Help!

If your doctor prescribed it doesn't your insurance cover it? My plan does and I pay 10$ a tube and get 4 refills per year.

Honored Contributor

Are you uninsured?  If so, always ask for "free" samples from your dr.  Then there is always Canada if you want "deep discounts" for your rx.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

I have a high deductible health plan so retin a is also really pricey for me. I was getting mine from all day chemist for less than $5 per tube for retino-a (it's the real stuff made by J&J) in the .05 strength. I would buy in bulk because shipping can be pricey. I've heard they require a rx now though. I just signed up for curology, they compound a cream (more like a gel cream) for you based on your goals - mine has a mix of tretinoin, niacinamide and azeliac acid. The tret in my mix is .025% so it's the same strength of the weakest retin-a. Just started using it so I don't have a review yet but I have high hopes for this. Part of the process includes an online consult with a derm so that's how they're able to use tretinoin in those strengths in the cream. You get 15 ml each month so they can adjust your dosages as needed. I think it's $30 each month after the initial trial which you get for shipping. Product is in an air sealed pump. If anyone is interested I will update the group on my progress.
Contributor

Check out taraskincare. You can get retin a without a prescription and it's inexpensive. I've ordered from them several times and have never had an issue. They used to accept credit cards, but now only accept debit card and echeck. They are a U.S. based company located in Ca. 

Regular Visitor

l

all day chemist. i did not have a script.when asked i just gave them all my doctors info.

Valued Contributor

Correction, my curology will be $20 +$5 shipping after the trial. The 30ml is $40 with free shipping. The website is targeted to acne but make no mistake it should be good for anti aging too.
Respected Contributor

Re: How to get Retin A, cheaper? Help!,

@Fluke67 wrote:
Correction, my curology will be $20 +$5 shipping after the trial. The 30ml is $40 with free shipping. The website is targeted to acne but make no mistake it should be good for anti aging too.

I would be very careful of "Trials". 

Honored Contributor

Re: How to get Retin A, cheaper? Help!,

[ Edited ]

I buy mine from Alldaychemist. A 3-pack of  Retino-A (.05%) costs a total of about $30. No prescription needed and it takes about two to three weeks to get delivered. I usually stock up when they offer free shipping because they are good about sending long-dated product and I never have to worry about my stuff expiring before I use it up.

For those of you who have never ordered retin-a from ADC...when you go and place your order you will see a page where it will ask for your Rx number. Just hit continue to the next page and you can complete your order without it. I know there has been some confusion about this so I thought I would clarify that part.Woman Happy

Contributor

Was told over 40 insurance does not cover it.