Valued Contributor

Re: How to get Retin A, cheaper? Help!

@Valstybaby, the trial is one month for just s&h, no gimmicks or obligations to continue. Considering the actives in the formula I feel I could also get rid of rx Finacea. IMO the full price monthly fee was very fair.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Differin gel 0.1 percent is over the counter now, I believe.  

Contributor

Just got am email back from them.  They get there tretinoin from India and Hong Kong.  Not sure if you knew. 

Honored Contributor

The thing about Differin is that it works only on the surface retinoid receptors in the skin. It doesn't do much for wrinkles or dark spots as it would with using other retinoids like Tretinoin (Retin-A).

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee  hmmm, my derm said I could use it for brown spots and I just got a whopper of a spot that came out of nowhere.  I was hoping my differin would lighten it.  

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@SilleeMee  hmmm, my derm said I could use it for brown spots and I just got a whopper of a spot that came out of nowhere.  I was hoping my differin would lighten it.  

Yes, the Differin will probably lighten your brown spots but it won't work on the root of the problem which lies deeper in the skin where the melanocytes are located. Retin-A reduces the melanocyte activity. @Snoopp

Respected Contributor

Re: How to get Retin A, cheaper? Help!,

@SilleeMee wrote:

I buy mine from Alldaychemist. A 3-pack of  Retino-A (.05%) costs a total of about $30. No prescription needed and it takes about two to three weeks to get delivered. I usually stock up when they offer free shipping because they are good about sending long-dated product and I never have to worry about my stuff expiring before I use it up.

For those of you who have never ordered retin-a from ADC...when you go and place your order you will see a page where it will ask for your Rx number. Just hit continue to the next page and you can complete your order without it. I know there has been some confusion about this so I thought I would clarify that part.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee

Do you get notified of the times they offer free shipping? I plan to buy my tretinoin from them next (can't beat the price) but I'd love to save on the shipping!  TIA

Trusted Contributor

I placed an order a few weeks ago and the shipping was $15.  The order came really quick too. 

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I buy mine from Alldaychemist. A 3-pack of  Retino-A (.05%) costs a total of about $30. No prescription needed and it takes about two to three weeks to get delivered. I usually stock up when they offer free shipping because they are good about sending long-dated product and I never have to worry about my stuff expiring before I use it up.

For those of you who have never ordered retin-a from ADC...when you go and place your order you will see a page where it will ask for your Rx number. Just hit continue to the next page and you can complete your order without it. I know there has been some confusion about this so I thought I would clarify that part.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee

Do you get notified of the times they offer free shipping? I plan to buy my tretinoin from them next (can't beat the price) but I'd love to save on the shipping!  TIA

Yes, they do notify you. Just sign up for the newsletter at the bottom of their homepage. Their free-shipping offers usually apply to minimum purchases amounting to anything from $60 and up, except on your birthday you will get unlimited free shipping! @TexasmouseWoman Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee

I'll do that! Thank you! 😊