Respected Contributor

Re: How do you store your Palettes?

Saw my hairdresser last week and got the cart on wheels like she uses. Now if I can get hubby to put it together (he's working like crazy). I'm anxious to use it. I took it out of the box thinking I would put it together but changed my mind lol. It's big and lots of drawers in all sizes. Yay!!

Super Contributor

Do any of us need 85 pairs of shoes, but why not, variety is the spice of life..give it a try!! Just saying

Super Contributor

cute

Trusted Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

Do you have a special way to organize your palettes?

They could be any kind of makeup palettes but, for me, it is my eyeshadow palettes that need to be organized. It is only in the past year that I started buying palettes. "They" seem to be putting more good colors in them because I am finding palettes filled with colors I will use!

I am thinking of getting the byAlegory Acrylic Palette Organizer, Clear pictured below. I found it on Amazon & it can be used standing up or on its side.

About the product Design:

• This product is intended for standard sized palettes
  • Size: 9.75 L x 9.5 W x 2.7 H"
  • Organize 8+ individual palettes - designed with removable dividers

byAlegory Acrylic Palette Organizer, Clear

I bought this one.  The photo is so deceiving.  Check out the bottom edges.  They wont allow vertical storage that the photo implies it will.  The darned thing really lies flat so that you have a file and that takes up too much space.  I keep eying it wanting to throw , literallly throw the thing in the trash but I keep thinking I'll want it later for a drawer organizer.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link to another retail site.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm Lucky that I have a large vanity with 6 drawers & a large cabinet under the sink. I bought about 5 years ago an acrylic tray from Amazon, which looks very similar like the one  in your 2nd pic but its longer. I bought 2 of them but the difference is the slots are removable so you can ajust them to customize the palletts. I did buy 2 single eyeshadow acrylic containers by 

Allegory for my single eyeshadows that I did not depot.   PS @willdob3 sorry, I just read that your 2nd organizer has removable slots.....I checked one & its the same.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered this from hobby lobby today. I think it will work great to organize all my makeup until we move and I can organize my vanity drawer. I can even use it after we move for my skincare and brushes until I get the tiered tray I want for my skincare.image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

Do you have a special way to organize your palettes?

They could be any kind of makeup palettes but, for me, it is my eyeshadow palettes that need to be organized. It is only in the past year that I started buying palettes. "They" seem to be putting more good colors in them because I am finding palettes filled with colors I will use!

I am thinking of getting the byAlegory Acrylic Palette Organizer, Clear pictured below. I found it on Amazon & it can be used standing up or on its side.

About the product Design:

• This product is intended for standard sized palettes
  • Size: 9.75 L x 9.5 W x 2.7 H"
  • Organize 8+ individual palettes - designed with removable dividers

byAlegory Acrylic Palette Organizer, Clear

@willdob3, I have this and it's not that great. I thought I was going to use it vertically on my vanity, but instead I have put it horizontally in a drawer. It doesn't hold much. Seeing this thread I have decided I need something along the size of a Glambox, but surely won't spend over $200 for it! I have seen several nice organizers on Amazon, but haven't decided which one I should purchase.

Honored Contributor

I like the Glambox Glamluxe but don't want to spend $259.00. I like that it has dividers you can custom arrange. I was looking on Amazon for something identical but less money. I don't like the ones that have dividers in the drawers that can't be removed, I want to arrange it how I like. Anyone have any advice on a cosmetic organizer that is pretty close to the Glambox? Amazon has a lot to choose from, but I find it confusing.TIA

Occasional Contributor

I ordered the Glambox from the Q when it was on last week.  I have had the Greiner white spinning comestic organizers for close to 7 years now.  I guess I am tired of them and it is so hard to find things in them as a lot of things just don't fit in right.  Anyway, I decided I needed a change so I did order the big Glambox.  Then, of course, I got to questioning whether I really needed to spend that much money on something like that.  So I looked at Amazon and found so many... lots with so-so reviews.  I did order the Whitmore 5 tier acrylic organizer.  I was going to cancel the Glambox but it had already shipped and will arrive tomorrow.  Unless there is something wrong with it, I will probably just keep it since it won't be that easy to return.  I ordered the Whitmore on Tuesday morning and it arrived Wednesday afternoon.  I am very impressed with the quality of this item... the acrylic looks perfect and the drawers slide in and out easily.  Now the one I got does not have the brush holder or anything but no big deal... and I'll have one with the Glambox.  I plan on having one on each side of my bathroom sink... thank goodness there is plenty of room.   It is going to be so nice to see exactly what I have opened now.   If you are interested, I will try to give you a comparison of the two once the Glambox is delivered.