Regular Contributor

Hairspray for a Humid Climate?

I know there have been hairspray threads prior to this one, but I'm hoping for more suggestions.  Anyways, I recently moved from Colorado (cold and dry) to Texas (hot and humid).  I'm looking for a nonsticky, high-holding hairspray that works in humidity.  My previous hairspray (Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play) doesn't seem to be doing the job with hold when the weather is humid.  I found another hairspray that holds well (Got2b High Insta Hold), but it is sticky, and I hate the way it makes my hair feel.

My hair is chin-length and I like to wear it flipped out, so I do rely on a good hairspray every day.  Any suggestions you have for such are greatly appreciated!

Respected Contributor

Re: Hairspray for a Humid Climate?

Have you ever tried Kenra 25 Volume Spray? It is strong holding and will hold up quite a while in Humidity - you can read reviews on Ulta or Amazon

Respected Contributor

Oribe anti-humidity hair spray that shields hair from frizz on the sultriest of days and nights, protecting everything from sleek blowouts to perfect curls. A finishing hair spray meets anti-humidity spray, this formula is Miami-approved to create hold and light texture in even the most humid climates.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in NYC - hot and humid summer ..... I swear by Tresemme Extra Firm Control .... the one with the four stars on the can.   It says "all day humidity resistance."

Respected Contributor

@joviolin wrote:

I know there have been hairspray threads prior to this one, but I'm hoping for more suggestions.  Anyways, I recently moved from Colorado (cold and dry) to Texas (hot and humid).  I'm looking for a nonsticky, high-holding hairspray that works in humidity.  My previous hairspray (Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play) doesn't seem to be doing the job with hold when the weather is humid.  I found another hairspray that holds well (Got2b High Insta Hold), but it is sticky, and I hate the way it makes my hair feel.

My hair is chin-length and I like to wear it flipped out, so I do rely on a good hairspray every day.  Any suggestions you have for such are greatly appreciated!

I would choose a different hairlstyle. Instead of trying to go against the conditions, I'd rather work with them and avoid the daily chemicals.

Respected Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@joviolin wrote:

I would choose a different hairlstyle. Instead of trying to go against the conditions, I'd rather work with them and avoid the daily chemicals.

👎

Frizzy hair is the WORST. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@joviolin 

THIS is all you need.  It is Houston humid worthy!  WEN Finishing Treatment Spray! Woman Very Happy

3A1C8AED-097C-4F7E-B510-D15FF9F7C7D6.png

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

I could swear myy hair frizzes just looking out the window on a humid day. And today is one of those days. BUT....I just got back from a couple of errands including BJ's which for some reason has one of the windiest parking lots this side of the Mississippi. My hair blew all over the place, I almost was airborne, BUT my hair didn't frizz. 

Used Pantene Air Spray (yes Air not Hair). It's an alcohol free hairspray. It's a number 4 Extra Strong Hold. That's bull cause like I said my hair became a whirlygig but NO FRIZZ.

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@joviolin 

THIS is all you need.  It is Houston humid worthy!  WEN Finishing Treatment Spray! Woman Very Happy

3A1C8AED-097C-4F7E-B510-D15FF9F7C7D6.png

Weird how all our hair is diff. Wen Finishing spray will not hold my curls, even in mornal humidity and layering it until it's a little "crunchy" by mid day and if I touch my hair a few times my curls are limp and by the end of the day they look horrid, when I go to work I do not want to have to reapply during teh day, I like to spray in the morning and be done with it. This Wen does not do that for me and it's so expensive to not work well. Smells nice though...

Honored Contributor

@joviolin I went from hard holding icky hairsprays (hated washing all of this hair every day) and got a light perm to hold my style.

Works like a charm.  I can be out in a drizzle to get to the car, no problem!