Honored Contributor

Re: Hairspray for a Humid Climate?

@joviolin  Check out Aveda's Control Force hair spray that has Humidity Defense.  Read the reviews.  It is their strongest hold hair spray and is excellent for humid days.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1   I totally agree, great spray but you really have to get used to the smell, I've even had people around me notice the smell and if it gets wet it reallys smells but if you can get past that, it's a great hairspray. IT for sure will interfer with a perfume.

Valued Contributor

Coincidentally yesterday I was thinking about this same topic.  Has anyone used Elnett hair spray, a brand that has been around for many years?

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

Have you ever tried Kenra 25 Volume Spray It is strong holding and will hold up quite a while in Humidity - you can read reviews on Ulta or Amazon

I believe this is the brand recommended by Dominique Sachse who has a utube beauty channel.  She is a news anchor in Houston, TX - where it is hot n humid - and she raves about this product.  Her tip is to spray from underneath, never spray on top.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Here on the east coast, humidity hovers around 85-90% in summer, with high dew points (think sweat when sitting still). I have thick wavy,hair that hits the base of my neck and it stays nice and wavy with WEN finishing treatment spray or the Sebastian line of Shaper Plus hairsprays also work great. WEN is the best, but when I run out, I use the Sebastian. Thats when I haven't decided to just pull it up in a top knot which is where it’s been most of the summer🥵

Esteemed Contributor

Tresemme hairspray climate protection.

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

Have you ever tried Kenra 25 Volume Spray? It is strong holding and will hold up quite a while in Humidity - you can read reviews on Ulta or Amazon

I have been using this hairspray this whole summer, and it has worked beautifully! Very very nice! I also use a bit of their serum as well, very nice brand and it works. Previously I was using Living Proof, but I think they have changed the formulation, it didn't work as well as it had in the past!  

Valued Contributor

Second the Tresemme Humidity.Blue label.
Regular Contributor

@jellyBEANYour tip (per Dominique S.) of applying hairspray under hair is genious!  I tried it with the hairspray I have on hand and my hair is much less crunchy and seems to keep its shape better.  It makes sense that hairspray sitting on top of hair would be weighed down by humidity, thus losing hold.

At any rate, thanks so much for this simple, yet excellent, tip!

P.S.  I am now hooked on Dominique's YouTube videos.  I had previously watched some without really knowing who she was.  She is ultra professional and offers great advice on a plethora of topics!