Respected Contributor

Re: How do you like the new Forums?

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

A favor, please. I don't understand what tagging is. What exactly are you supposed to write in the tag box and what does it do?

TIA.

...Sorry, my earlier reply was tagging people (which may be called something different, now that I think about it.  Like "mentioning" or something like that?  On FB it's called tagging Robot tongue )

In the "tag" box, I *think* you can type any word you want, and it will function like a keyword for searching?  I'm trying it out with this reply.

ETA: Yes, that is what it's for.  Also, if you put in a tag, it becomes a hyperlink anyone can click which will take them to (I assume) a list of posts that used that same tag.  So it's a good way to keep track of things if you're interested in doing that.

Valued Contributor

I don't understand why any company would launch a major website update that doesn't work properly.  This can't possibly be the finished product!  Everything looks "off".  Alignments are off, click-throughs don't work.  Don't they test before they launch?  Honestly!  I worked for a major mall management company that created and managed websites for over 30 malls.  This NEVER would have happened at that company!  Get it right QVC!

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I'm trying.

Two things: Why is my most recent post April 2015? Even the two I just posted are not listed.

I changed my font. Do I have to do this for every single post?

No sub categories?

One thing I noticed is that I only see "Recent Original Posts" when I click on someone's name...not their replies.  I don't know if there is a setting to change this or not, but I much preferred getting replies too...

Trusted Contributor

I think they look awful!  The design and layout looks so messy and it's hard to read.  Terrible. Smiley Mad

Contributor

There are some new things here that I do like. However, I do NOT like the lack of sub categories. It was an option that I always used. I can't imagine why QVC would eliminate them. It was convenient and user friendly. Now, its frustrating.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a mess on a desktop computer running windows 7 and IE 11. The page formatting is skewed. How do I find all of my recent posts that are replies? I seldom start a new thread but that's what is listed when I click on my nickname. Ugh, this new format could not have been QA tested properly.

Respected Contributor

@Clover29 wrote:
 I just don't see the point.  

I'm not sure I do either...although it's a useful feature right now as I'm trying to make sure people see when I'm trying to answer their questions.  I'm finding it easier to "lose" things here today, but hopefully that's because it's still in transition and/or I will figure out how to use all the new features to do the things I want soon!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do we have an edit feature? I couldn't find it.

Also, please -- what is tag? What do write in the tag box? What is it for?

TIA.

Never you mind. I found it. The bar thingie at the top right has a drop-down menu.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I see we can change the font and font size which can become annoying.  The overall design of the format is plain and not that interesting. I've already mentioned that this new website design does not work with internet explorer. 

Occasional Contributor

I hate this setup. The only good thing is after 3 years of just reading posts, I can finally post myself. Give me the old forums!