Contributor
I went to Chaz's salon many years ago. There was no RTM then. They gave me a recipe to make a spray. It included the oil. Does anyone know the recipe?
Trusted Contributor
Below is the recipe I have...

6oz water
4 pumps Cleansing Conditioner (based on 6oz/16oz pumps)
2 pumps Styling Cream
3-4 drops of oil
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Honored Contributor

**CHAZ DEAN’S RECIPE FOR MAKING YOUR OWN REFRESHER SPRAY/MIST**

In a 6oz spray bottle: mix 4 pumps of WEN Cleansing Conditioner.
2-4 drops of WEN Oil & 2 pumps of yr preferred Styling Cream.
Use warm H2O initially to help mix ingredients. Shake well before each use.

NOTE: The above instructions were intended for use w/ the 6oz/16oz Cleansing Conditioners. FILTERED/BOTTLED H2O IS BEST.
From a 32 oz. reg CC bottle, use 2 pumps of CC. From the 613 bottle, use 1 pump.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/chazdeanfanpage/posts/336033183107889

Note: This works well for hair, but it doesn't have the skincare benefits of the QVC/Chaz Dean Salon version of the RTM. If you want to use it on your face or body, buying the real RTM is best. If you want it for your hair, I find that this version works better on my hair than the real RTM.

Contributor
Thanks so much, that's it. This spray seems to be better for frizz than the replenishing mist. Do you know the difference between the 2 sprays?
Respected Contributor

I just started making this and really like it. I definitely plan on continuing to use it on my hair. I will use the real RTM on my body.

Honored Contributor

Thanks I will try this recipe. I spray the RTM on my face & sometimes hair. My face looked a oily the other day when I sprayed on the SHL RTM but it was humid outside. I should probably use it on my face in the winter when my skin is drier. I have been putting 2 drops oil & 1 pump styling crème in my hand & mixing together & applying to the ends of my hair, running my fingers through the rest & using my palms to lightly go over the sides & back of my hair which works well for me for frizz.

Smile

Honored Contributor
On 4/9/2015 Adrienne said: Thanks so much, that's it. This spray seems to be better for frizz than the replenishing mist. Do you know the difference between the 2 sprays?

The ingredients are different. The cleansing conditioner and the styling cream both have silicones in them. Silicones are common in many products meant to prevent frizz. The RTM does not contain any silicones.

The QVC and Chaz Dean salon versions of the RTM contain the peptides that make up Matrixyl 3000 and the regular CCs and styling creams do not. (The seasonal CCs and styling creams do. I don't know about the Bamboo Green Tea, 613, or the Mandarin Italian Fig)

Contributor
I have several RTM sprays. Could you please explain the difference between the seasonal RTM and the regular ones? Thanks again
On 4/9/2015 ChynnaBlue said:
On 4/9/2015 Adrienne said: Thanks so much, that's it. This spray seems to be better for frizz than the replenishing mist. Do you know the difference between the 2 sprays?

The ingredients are different. The cleansing conditioner and the styling cream both have silicones in them. Silicones are common in many products meant to prevent frizz. The RTM does not contain any silicones.

The QVC and Chaz Dean salon versions of the RTM contain the peptides that make up Matrixyl 3000 and the regular CCs and styling creams do not. (The seasonal CCs and styling creams do. I don't know about the Bamboo Green Tea, 613, or the Mandarin Italian Fig)