Valued Contributor

Help! Question re skincare product codes

I am trying to determine the freshness of a couple of SkinMedica products!  I have not been able to find anything on line that deciphers the codes for SkinMedica.  I usually purchase from authorized dealers, but am concerned as the Lytera changes color so quickly after I open the container. 

You ladies are always so helpful and knowledgeable!  I would really appreciate any help you can provide.

Also, has anyone purchased from Amazon?  From what I can tell, they are NOT an authorized dealer for SkinMedica.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Help! Question re skincare product codes

@Jump4joy2 I know @suzyQ3 knows of a site.  I hope she sees this because I forgot to bookmark it 😀

I'm not sure about Amazon sellers having fresh merchandise.  I'd worry about that more than counterfeit.  Ask the seller about the batch codes before you buy.  Same thing with eBay.

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@Jump4joy2 I know @suzyQ3 knows of a site.  I hope she sees this because I forgot to bookmark it 😀

I'm not sure about Amazon sellers having fresh merchandise.  I'd worry about that more than counterfeit.  Ask the seller about the batch codes before you buy.  Same thing with eBay.

Here is one site but it doesn't contain Skin Medica on it's list..Woman Sad

http://checkcosmetic.net/

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

You probably need to contact SkinMedica directly with the code. @Jump4joy2

Valued Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

Here is one site but it doesn't contain Skin Medica on it's list..Woman Sad

http://checkcosmetic.net/

Yes, I like that site and use it often!  Disappointed that a popular brand such as SkinMedica is not included!! 

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

You probably need to contact SkinMedica directly with the code. @Jump4joy2

Yes, I will probably have to do that.  Still hoping that SuzyQ sees this post.  She is always so helpful!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jump4joy2, hi. Besides the one site already posted here, there is checkfresh.com. But it doesn't list your brand either. Sorry about that.

ETA: I don't know whether you have already purchased this from a seller on amazon. If you have, then your only recourse is to contact SkinMedica.

If you haven't already purchased, I would advise against it, considering the seller is not an authorized dealer. I don't buy skincare on eBay for that reason and also because I don't know how fresh the stock might be.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3

Hey, SQ3!  Been thinking about you and HD a lot lately.  Figured that meant I better get my tail on here and say hello.  Hope you're well.  

Honored Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@suzyQ3

Hey, SQ3!  Been thinking about you and HD a lot lately.  Figured that meant I better get my tail on here and say hello.  Hope you're well.  

@Bella Carro, Heart

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland