Respected Contributor

Any thoughts on the Conture anti-Aging skin-toning device?

I'm not seeing much difference in the before and after photos.  I always felt that pulling the skin is a bad thing.  Also, the Rep said to change the head every 3 months - that's a no no for me.

Anyone have this? Do you see any difference and what are you seeing. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Any thoughts on the Conture anti-Aging skin-toning device?

Looks like another gimmick to me

Valued Contributor

As a massage and certified lymphatic drainage therapist, I know that in theory, this could work (I can achieve and have acheived, these same results manually using lymphatic drainage techniques) ; however, to me it looks like the suction is too strong...and it's another over priced gimmicky machine.
You can buy lymphatic suction cups for the face which you can manually adjust the suction to, and get the same results. Or learn the technique with your fingertips.
Also beware, that with suction comes the potential for blood pooling and bruising for some (what we call "hickeys") Smiley Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

It reminds me of that gadget Suzanne Somers has for years sold in her various shopping channel stops. 

Respected Contributor

@Quse, I tried this thing-and even though I used the eye attachment and setting-and kept it moving-I did end up with a nice bruise under my eye that took a long time to heal.

I use and believe in home "spa" equipment-but it has to give me results in the long term....using Conture twenty minutes a day-is a time commitment and you have to use it in perpetuity.

For your money, I think something like NEWA, Mira Skin or NuFace is going to give you long term results.

I also have and have used the Tria Laser for eyes. Trial has also rolled out a new product (laser) that can be used all over your face....I will buy it-and use it-specifically for forehead lines which are difficult to treat-with anything-including the Conture. I could never get suction on my forehead with it.

The Conture gets a thumbs down from me.

Poodlepet2

Trusted Contributor

I see no difference after the 8 weeks before and after photos. It does look like you could give yourself hickeys on your neck. Smiley Indifferent 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Frequent Contributor

Dr. Denby , the vendor, appears to have a frozen face...botox maybe???

Is it the product causing her inability to move anything other than her lips?  I think it's another gimmick with false advertising.

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@Quse, I tried this thing-and even though I used the eye attachment and setting-and kept it moving-I did end up with a nice bruise under my eye that took a long time to heal.

I use and believe in home "spa" equipment-but it has to give me results in the long term....using Conture twenty minutes a day-is a time commitment and you have to use it in perpetuity.

For your money, I think something like NEWA, Mira Skin or NuFace is going to give you long term results.

I also have and have used the Tria Laser for eyes. Trial has also rolled out a new product (laser) that can be used all over your face....I will buy it-and use it-specifically for forehead lines which are difficult to treat-with anything-including the Conture. I could never get suction on my forehead with it.

Poodlepet2

Is this the Age Defying laser? @Poodlepet2. It's not new. I've been using mine since it came out a few years ago. I like it a lot. I use it on my neck and dec exclusively. Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2  I wouldn't waste $$ on this Conture thing, the suction looks way too harsh. Like I said, one can achieve the exact same results doing lymphatic drainage techniques with fingertips...no goopy serums, no expensive devices, no electricity. I've seen the exact results shown during a training session for lymph drainage (FYI- the reults are NOT going to be dramatic, it's just stimulating lymph flow and removing toxins faster).
Also always cracks me up when people demonstrate putting on serums, lotions, etc..by stroking upwards...totally against the natural lymph drainage flow, which drains down into the clavicle..it does nothing to apply products upwards.

For me, NuFace is worth the $$. There are results there and that machine is stimulting muscle tone. I own one and, when I use it, see results.
This Conture thing is just moving lymph around and potentially damaging your capillaries.