Honored Contributor

Have you noticed that once you buy the skin care products and even stock up.  Then the very next visit they have the new product or new and improved product? After you just spent all that money on skin care from the last visit! It is annoying.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

What I've noticed is once I finally find a product that works, it's discontinued.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

Yes to both these observations.

Honored Contributor

I believe we all have experienced it.  I liked a product by Laura Mercier and she discontinued it.  Over the years lipstick shades, nail colors, and they even do it at the grocery store!!!  

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you noticed

[ Edited ]

YES. Cover Girl Lash Exact Mascara. LOVED IT. No longer sold. AARRGGH. It went on nicely, one coat coverage, no gloms. Actually I should google, maybe enough of us whined about that it's back on the market.

Esteemed Contributor

Color cosmetics is no big deal. You can always find the shade someone else did away with. (Coty!)

I sometimes pay attention to new & improved. It depends on what ingredients I am interested in at the moment.

Like Victoria Principal. In her latest skincare development she is using green tea. It took a while for me to try this newer line, but I really like what I've tried so far!

Honored Contributor

Yes!!!!   It's how they keep women buying and buying; it's why so many women have boxes and boxes of skincare and cosmetics they don't use.  There's always the "new" and "improved".  They want us chasing a fantasy with our credit cards...lol   I never fell for that, I fall for a lot of hype but never with skincare or cosmetics.  I use DOVE facial cleanser and DOVE moisturizer.  I started using a serum that tightens my skin but it's not a QVC product.  That's all I need, I don't even watch skincare/cosmetic programs on shopping channels....they just make me laugh.  I'd rather spend my money on handbags and shoes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you noticed

[ Edited ]

What I have also noticed is that the new and "better" or "improved" products do nothing better or more than the old product.

Most of the beauty industry is so full of lies and deceit with  fancy ingredient decks  and  , fancy labels  that   Women( including myself) fall for it as we want to stay looking younger.... Products that  do not work... have no proof  or approval for the ingredients as far as safety   and no regulation either. 

It  is all deception  and just big business.    The  beauty industry's  brain washing our society  about the importance of not aging or looking your age. If you are not beautiful and young, you are not important....  so they dangle that carrot out infront of our faces...... and say" So use this to remain relevent and beautiful".....   and most women fall for it everytime.

Trusted Contributor

I wish I had stocked up on Josie Maran body butter as I've read about a dozen reviews the formula changed in the 19 oz. I tried it, thinking it was the strong perfume scented Vanilla Almond that was different, but read other scents are now too. Some batches have a weak scent on top of that. It's not as moisturizing now, so my favorite is gone. I would have ordered the One Time Only last night, but don't want cheap body butter that's ever priced. I'll try to find any older favorite scents through reliable Amazon sellers, or find a great lotion at a drugstore.

Honored Contributor

I wish I wouldn't allow the advertisements, etc. to get in my head!  I get convinced that this product, or that product, will simply be the one!  Unfortunately, none of them are the "one."  At least for me!  I really wish I could find my go-to set of cosmetics but at my age, I doubt if it will ever happen.  I do love the variety of tons of different lipsticks and glosses but for my makeup -- foundation, powder, etc. --- I just would like to have one complete set that really makes me happy!  

As for new and improving things --- I hate this!  Usually, the products are not better at all and often have added ingredients that do not agree with me.  Plus, usually new and improved means --- higher price!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin