Super Contributor

I used to use a lot of Philosophy but never liked their foundations. Gradually, I just quit buying Philosophy and moved on. I quit wearing foundation a few years ago after trying high end products, drugstore brands, mineral brands, creams, liquids - you name it. They all settled into my my lines and wrinkles. I am 74 and I do have good skin and have taken care of it. But, all of them made my skin look older and dryer or older and oilier. I saw the Renewed Hope In A Jar Skin Tint and ever the makeup junkie, I bought it. I actually bought both the beige and the sand colors.

I absolutely cannot believe how good this stuff is. It goes on beautifully and easily. It doesn't settle into my lines and wrinkles and looks beautiful. I don't use the brush to apply it. I have always used makeup sponges. It is so moisturizing and feels good all day long.

I am glad I bought both colors. I use the darker color beige over most of my face and use the lighter color around my eyes. I can't believe how happy I am about a foundation!!! I need to get out more.

Valued Contributor

Re: Renewed Hope in a Jar Tint

Really is a good foundation. What really surprised me, it lasts for hours on the skin. Have normal skin and can get 10hr wear out of it. It wears better than my other foundations claiming to be longlasting.

Trusted Contributor

i agree, love this stuff!
Honored Contributor

Have you been wearing it for long, @ChouChou?

It’s by far my favorite tinted moisturizer, but I get breakouts on my chin after wearing it for a few consecutive days.  

Super Contributor

I've been wearing it for several days. We had one final burst of horrible heat here in SoCal and it held up during that. I haven't had any problems with breakouts so far. The only thing that ever broke me out was Bare Minerals. Again, I take really good care of my skin and was lucky enough to be born to a mom who had specatacular skin - as did her mother. I do think a lot of skin issues are influenced by heredity. I am very fair. I am Irish and Danish. I will say this: the colors are very forgiving in my skin shade range.

Esteemed Contributor

Add me to those who have been pleasantly surprised by this product.  I have not been impressed with face color product made by Philosophy since their (long discontinued) original Complete Me foundation.  For those who remember that one it goes back to the early days of the Philosophy brand. 

When I purchased Renewed Hope In a Jar Tint I was not planning to buy it. It was prominently displayed in the Ulta I was browsing, so on a whim I decided to test it.  First of all I liked the creamy, but not heavy or greasy texture.  That got my attention, so I wiped off one side of my face (using a Purity wipe) and applied.  The Honey shade was an excellent match for my skintone.  The product felt fabulous on my face, so I spent the rest of the day in it to check for color change, any changes which may result once my own oils secreted, etc.  I liked what I saw and felt by the time I was ready to get ready for bed.  I purchased, and have been very satisfied with how my skin looks and feels each time I've worn it.Woman Very Happy    

Honored Contributor

@ChouChou,   Glad it worked out for you.  More than half the battle is an excellent tinted moisturizer or foundation that works for you.  I have been curious about this philosophy product but I need to try it out at the store.  I have a problem with too much yellow,   I am a fair cool.  I love my Laura Mercier's oil-free tinted moisturizer.  It gives a light coverage but your skin shines through for a healthy look.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I've been using this in the Sand color since April and love how it looks on my skin.  I apply it with a brush I bought at Sephora.  Excellent product!

Contributor

Hello!  Could you please tell me the type of brush you use from Sephora?  I have been looknig for a good brush for this product.  Thank you!  

Spoiler

Trusted Contributor

@Toms Mom wrote:

Hello!  Could you please tell me the type of brush you use from Sephora?  I have been looknig for a good brush for this product.  Thank you!  

Spoiler

Hi Toms Mom,  hopefully this link will work:

https://www.sephora.com/sephora-collection?node=1050109&currentPage=1

It's a Sephora brand brush but I don't know style #.  I'm pretty sure it's either 49 or 75.  It's an angled brush - the sales girl helped me pick it out.  Not cheap - $32... When I bought it I had a $15 coupon during one of their events.  I like that it's angled.  For me it just looks better when I put it on with a brush versus my fingers.  I wonder if there's an IT brush that would work well -- those are really good quality.