Frequent Contributor

I tend to fall for the "new" story also.  Josie Maron skin care products seem to work well for me so I'm trying to stick to them and not get into the hype of others.  I'm still in search for a good foundation and good blush.  I'm NO beauty and never will be but want to look as professional as I can for work and not scare people.  The cost of skin care products is astronomical!!!

Super Contributor

So true!

Esteemed Contributor

Some people are truly, truly addicted to massive amounts of skin care products as the recent 30 pages of postings about a skin care line sold on a competing tv shopping channel testifies to.  I have and use 4 different skin care products on a regular basis nd that’s it.  My skin looks fine for a almost 70 year old. The money I save not buying a lot of over priced skin care products goes towards visits to my cosmetic surgeon for derma fillers and cosmetic peels which actually give me visible results immediately.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, @KathyPet, I agree that some people are truly addicted to 'the next best thing' in skin care.  The proof is in these threads every day!   (and I used to be one of them - eek! - it happens)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

Have you noticed that once you buy the skin care products and even stock up.  Then the very next visit they have the new product or new and improved product? After you just spent all that money on skin care from the last visit! It is annoying.

@CherryHugs  Yes, that happens with makeup, too. The perfect liner and next visit...a better waterproof, gel one that glides on the lid more easily. Skincare? I have my routine and go to products, so new offerings aren’t tempting. 

There are basic skincare items that are tried and true, recommended by derms and I’ve been satisfied w/ the results for many years. Why change?

Honored Contributor

I never stock up, never.  And I rarely buy a super size unless it is the same value as the small size.  I have even quit buying the full size of the lipsticks I love that I have discovered in the sample size.  I now realize I will be on to something else by the time I use up the small size.