Respected Contributor

Re: Happy July, Scents and Common Sense Thread

Okay, still not complaining Wink but it's pretty toasty out.

Hope everyone is doing okay. Not a whole lot going on here. DH seems all better, yay!

Watching Q with Antonella doing beauty.

Respected Contributor

Desi, glad your DH is doing a lot better, mine too other than being tired but told him he hadn't eaten for 5 days and in the hospital not doing anything so what could he expect, will take time but otherwise feels okay too. Yes, he is making a lot better choices thank goodness, really scared him and maybe that is what he needed, a little scare, not as much as he had but at least he now knows he feels a lot better eating better.

I picked up some almonds to put in his salad since he loves them and is less tempted to just eat them by the handfuls when I put a few in his salad. It takes me forever in the grocery stores reading labels. I thought I read them before but not like I am now.

Same here, very muggy and humid and want another day of it before getting a little better. They still want the upper 80's by Thursday but the humidity will be much lower, hope they are right, had enough of this.

I went out and weeded for a good 2 or more hours, shouldn't have in this heat but did just before it started to rain early evening, got sopping wet from sweating.

I don't remember which she said can't get the extra shots of scent added, was a long time ago for me too.

I went to Christmas Tree shoppe for pillow cases, don't have the ones I got last summer and in fact they now only have one kind, very few of them too. The others only come in full sets with the sheets. Last summer when I got mine they had a whole long side(shelves, 3 layers high and about 10 feet long) of just pillow cases, no more, really cut down on that whole dept. for some reason. I did pick up 4 packs though, 2 in a pack for $4.99 but didn't open them so really don't know how they are yet.

I also picked up 2 more of the Wet N Wild eye lining pencils in olive, really really like that a lot, a whole lot. They got a lot more in, got the last one last time I picked the one up I got but had a lot this time, should have got more for only 89 cents each since I like them so much. I should try another color but I really really love this olive.

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone. Another hot day here too.

Doglover, can't imagine doing yard-work in the heat.

Our Christmas Tree Shop was out of bedding too. Maybe it will be restocked at the end of the summer?

I normally say stock-piling isn't a great idea, learned form experience. however, for 89 cents, makes sense to!

Nuts in moderation are a great snack for DH. He can't expect to feel 100% just yet, but I'm sure he will soon.

So, where is everyone else, hint hint?

Respected Contributor

Desi, went back to Christmas Tree Shoppe and picked up 4 more Wet N Wild eye lining pencils, one in mink brown, one in charcoal, one in plumberry and one in green so, will see how they are. I put them on the back of my hand once I got home(all are sealed in Wet N Wild which I like0 and all look usable. The green is a true green though and the plumberry is a lighter shade, not sure about that one but both the mink brown and the charcoal look very nice and am sure the green will work out BUT olive is still my favorite. Can't go wrong for 89 cents and especially when they are so nice, go on so smooth, no tugging or pulling and don't irritate my very sensitive eyes like even most high end expensive ones do.

I put the nuts in his salad so he isn't getting a lot. If I gave him nuts to just eat he would eat too many but I put them in his salad.

So right, can't expect either one to be 100% so quickly when both felt so rotten for awhile. I know DH is still very weak which makes him mad, hates not being able to do what he thinks he should and would like to do.

Very muggy here too and yes, do know better and didn't plan on being out that long doing weeding but just kept going till my knee couldn't take it anymore. Sure hope the humidity breaks, was to break this evening but so far, can't even catch your breath out there, very muggy/humid.

yes, where is everyone, sure is too hot to be outside that's for sure unless you love the heat and humidity like our DS.

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone. We're expecting cooler weather tomorrow through Sunday, so you Easties will be getting it soon.

I did an in-house vaccination clinic on Monday. DH and I went out tonight to take our flyers down. Neither of us wanted to do it in the heat and humidity. I think we will have 2 more nights and we will be done.

Doglover and Desi: I'm happy both of of your husbands are feeling better. That must be a huge relief to both of you.

All of my critters are doing well. Bella is bouncy, Pepe is stubborn and Boo Boo is whining for food. He gets his final meal at midnight.

I'm anxious to hear about how long the WnW liners wear.

Respected Contributor

Doglover, the other shades sound really nice! I love that they are sealed. I loved some of the shades of NYX liners, but only 1 type was sealed. I looked at the points and all looked like someone tested them. Not going to buy played with eye or lip products, just too risky. How hard would it be to put plastic around the cap, or even a piece of tape Like Rimmel does that breaks when you open it.

Pepe's mom, hi! Hope that cooler weather comes my way, send it over please!

You and DH are doing a tremendous service to the animals. Too bad they don't have some teens that could take down your signs, but probably just easier to do it yourself since you know the locations.

Good to hear the animals are all doing well, yay and TG!

Thanks, it is a whole lot easier (I think) with DH eating again.

Respected Contributor

Desi, I too like when things are sealed. I am sure the mink brown will work as well as the charcoal and even the green should be okay, plumberry I will try tomorrow, today for most of you, and see how that is. Sometimes I put one color on the top and another on the bottom.

Glad your DH is still eating, mine too and just said tonight, boy could I eat some pizza but said he knows he shouldn't and won't so, from that I at least know he is feeling better.

pepesmom, the Wet N Wild lasts for me very long, 12 to 16 hours if I put my ELF lid primer on first, apply very lightly, let completely dry. I put that on first before doing anything else than do foundation, brows, lips than my liner. I do wear it without the lid primer and does last a good 6 to 8 hours on the top for me unless I am really sweating doing yard work etc which I am going to go out and do before going to bed and before it gets too hot. I know I love the olive, have been using that for a few weeks now, is a favorite color for me.

You and your DH are doing a fantastic job.

suppose to not be as humid so I turned both AC off to give them a break since one is soooo old.

My Mally TSV was shipped so, anxious to get it and try her new foundation, will post a review once I try the kit, will be a TSV later this month.

Respected Contributor

Doglover, was 82 then dropped to 80 degrees today. Less humid but still felt hot in the sun to me.

Glad your DH is doing well!

I am anxious to hear your Mally kit review, bet you are looking forward to it!

Seems I am getting very lax about wearing eye make-up when it's this hot.

Nothing good on tonight that I can see.

Respected Contributor

Desi, same weather here, not as humid but still feels hot out there humidity or not. Th e Wet N Wild plumberry would work for anyone with any color eyes other than blue I would say. It is a very soft lighter color, hard to describe but isn't plumberry as it says, more like a soft raspberry light wine. While not a favorite it does work. I put the green on the bottom lash line, works well so will try the green on the top if we go out around 4 AM. It is a soft color, plumberry so if you just want a tad of color this one works. The olive would work for anyone though, perfect color for any time of the day or night so, am hoping both charcoal and mink brown will be the same but LOVE my olive.

I find any of my pencils liners other than the crayon type don't go on as smoothly using a lid primer as they do without one so, for now and for summer expecially, going to forgo the lid primer since I like the way any pencil liner goes on so much better not using it even if they don't last as long not using it I don't mind putting a bit more on later.

They said my Mally TSV was shipped UPS so, am hoping by Saturday, hope so anyway, very anxious to try this new foundation, sounds so good. I already know I like her mascara that is in the kit as well as her eye lining pencil and shadow stick so, if the foundation is good as I am hoping, will be a happy camper. I went on AD in hopes I love this kit, can always cancel AD but can't get it later if I would have wanted to so, better to get AD to start with.

Going out to to finish up some weeding but also have a load of laundry in the washer so, talk later.

Respected Contributor

Doglover, plumberry sounds mike a ice summery shade! Glad they all work and as you said, how wrong can you go for the price?

Will wait to see what you think of the Mally kit. I need to see reviews about whether the foundation causes break-outs before I'd really consider it. I know that isn't an issue for you, but with that and skin sensitivity I have to be really careful.

Sandra got a hair-cut, she looks beautiful! She always does but she looks even better with the cut and LBD.