Respected Contributor

Re: Happy July, Scents and Common Sense Thread

Last Comic Standing, now, yes!

Respected Contributor

Desi, DH is watching Tyrant that I had recorded for him.

All the other colors I got go on very smoothly, is only the plumberry that sort of tugs, wonder why, could be old?

I do have sensitive skin, can't wear anything too heavy and use very little in summer or anytime for that matter, foundation, brow pencil, IT stain stick for my lips which I love and use nothing else since getting that and eye liner pencil or sometimes use mascara instead of eye liner but never both. I find for me less is much better for my face so, never use a face primer or finishing powder etc.

Glad your DH is doing so much better, great huh when they feel better.

Respected Contributor

Doglover, you are better posting photos than I am, lol! You need someone with tech skills to tell you how to do it. I bet the photos are adorable.

It's just too warm for a ton of make-up. I'd probably look better with more, but it's summer and I just don't care. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Hope you can get the plumberry working. Maybe exchange it, old isn't good.

I don't ever wear primer. Have enough trouble with foundations and CCs balling with just moisturizer underneath. Nothing ickier than little rolled up balls of product from layering.

Yep, DH is back to what i will loosely call "normal", lol. Hope yours is as well.

View as:
 photo DSCN0383.jpg
 photo DSCN0383-1.jpg
 photo DSCN0377.jpg
 photo DSCN0365.jpg
 photo DSCN0365-1.jpg
 photo DSCN0357.jpg
 photo DSCN0325.jpg
 photo DSCN0325-1.jpg
 photo scan0009-1.jpg
 photo scan0008-1.jpg
 photo scan0007-1.jpg
 photo scan0006.jpg

Respected Contributor

Did I get them Doglover?

Valued Contributor

Great pics! Thanks Doglover for sending them to Desi. And thanks, Desi, for posting them.

I couldn't find the plumberry online in eyeliner. I found it in the lipliner section.

Hot here, but not humid. Expecting the summer Polar Vortex mid-week. Possible lows in the 40's.

Nothing exciting going on. Going to my little neighbor's 7th bday party tomorrow. Might be going alone as DH may have to work.

Animals are well and all say hello.

Super Contributor

On 7/9/2014 pepes mom said:

Hi everyone. We're expecting cooler weather tomorrow through Sunday, so you Easties will be getting it soon.

I did an in-house vaccination clinic on Monday. DH and I went out tonight to take our flyers down. Neither of us wanted to do it in the heat and humidity. I think we will have 2 more nights and we will be done.

Doglover and Desi: I'm happy both of of your husbands are feeling better. That must be a huge relief to both of you.

All of my critters are doing well. Bella is bouncy, Pepe is stubborn and Boo Boo is whining for food. He gets his final meal at midnight.

I'm anxious to hear about how long the WnW liners wear.

Yes, we are going to experience a return of the polar vortex on July 14th!

Respected Contributor

Pepe's mom, glad everyone is okay there and critters are well! Give Pepe and Bella a scratch for me please! Have fun at the party. DH won't enjoy it unless there are other guys there. Doglover didn't send me the photos this time, I did it by my little self, yay me!

Kate, welcome! weather was nice today here although I like it a little cooler.

If you guys Google this, it is a ton of info. on the new perfume regs. Not good news. If you think things have already changed scent-wise, more and worse to come, AAARRGG!

<h1 style="font-size: 35px; font-family: georgia, 'times new roman', serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.1; margin: 0px 0px 10px;"> What's in a scent? Perfume makers adapt to EU rules</h1>

PARIS Mon Jul 7, 2014 8:36am EDT

Respected Contributor

Kate, whoa, just realized what you said, had to Google, hadn't heard, thanks. Not sure I would mind a big drop in temps mid-week. Heard rain, boo, but cold I'd actually welcome.

Respected Contributor

Doglover, check the plumberry. I think Pepe's mom is right, it's a lipliner? That would explain the harder texture.

Respected Contributor

Desi and pepesmom, someone probably put it in with the lip liners or maybe even the stock people and dumb me, didn't realize it either. It would most likely be a great lip liner. Both the mink brown and the charcoal are good colors. The charcoal is a bit dark for me on the top but works well on the bottom. Mink brown, green and olive work for both although the olive is best for top being a bit light for the lower lash line but is a favoriie for top lining.

Desi, thanks for posting the pictures.

Looking forward to that Polar Vortex that's for sure.

Well, my Mally TSV came today and I have a full Mally face on now since 4 PM, is now after 9 PM. I love this new foundation but when I first opened it I looked, said c r a p, another powder, sure looked like a powder. I took out the sponge, touched the foundation, still thought it was a powder till I pressed on the foundation and it gave a bit, soft and moist, doesn't take a lot. I dabbed some on the sponge(also get a brush but didn't try it with that yet) and put on my face. I did this till my face had foundation all over, smoothed it, looks great, very natural and not at all heavy.

You can see and feel it is just a tad sort of damp for lack of a better word when you press the sponge onto it but goes on very smoothly, just have to get the knack of how much to use than apply. I do think a better sponge would work much better so may pick up the Real Techniques sponge($5.99 at Ulta) but will try the Mally brush that comes with it.

Of course I didn't read the instructions yet as usual but will later tonight.

I got the light, happy with that, an exact match, lighter than the IT in light I got. No orange and no yellow in it, on me anyway.

I then put on the soft light brown shadow stick, smudged, looks good than did my brows with my Mally brow pencil(still like that the best in sable) than put the lipstick that comes in the kit, very soft sort of rose/coral.

Last I took out the eye lining pencil, brand new, navy/black and being dark I only dotted along my upper lash line than on the other end instead of a smudge tip sponge there is a soft small brush, worked very well. Lastly I put the eye liner along my lower lash line, works great there too, didn't smudge there, never do on the bottom.

So, all in all I have everything on my face as far as makeup goes and it all looks very nice, very natural, great kit, happy I went on AD

This will be a July 29 TSV I think or around there anyway, $59 and you get a lot and almost all new.

The only thing I didn't use, totally forgot, under eye primer, get a jar of that as well, will try that tomorrow but very happy with the kit and nothing irritates my eyes or face.

Welcome Kate, very happy to hear we are going to have some decent weather, a bit cooler, great.