Super Contributor

I just got an email from Lovely Skin advertising a new Jan Marini hand cream for $135.00 for a whole 2 oz.  And I thought Dermalogica was expensive at $28.00.  That's one hand cream I won't be trying.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hand Cream - $135.00

[ Edited ]

Even the 1% want smooth hands.

Respected Contributor

Wow.  I guess the rich wont think twice about it.  No way would I spend that much on a hand cream. #insane.

Super Contributor

The whole world is going nuts.

Respected Contributor

Does that price include a person who will come to you & massage it into your hands for you?  Probably costs extra if they go all the way up to your elbows, huh?

I'm too lazy to look up the ingredients, which are probably just the same as what I buy at the supermarket for a few bucks.  It just goes to show you that there will be companies out there charging those ridiculous prices as long as there are customers willing to pay that amount.

Honored Contributor

The one percent is not going to stay in the one percent if they consider blowing money on stuff like this.  Their families will be spending that money on psychiatric care for them.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

The one percent is not going to stay in the one percent if they consider blowing money on stuff like this.  Their families will be spending that money on psychiatric care for them.

A $135 hand cream nothing to someone in the 1%. Sheldon Adelson spent $15 million backing a failed presidential candidate everyone but Adelson knew would lose. If your family doesn't lock you up for that, they aren't going to blink at spending $135 on a hand cream.

Super Contributor

I just looked up the ingredients.  So, is it worth it?  I certainly don't think so - but what do I know.  I'm not too good with ingredient lists. 

Water/Aqua/Eau, Kojic Dipalmitate, Helianthus Annuss (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, Azelaic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Arbutin, Polyglyceryl-3 Diiostearate, Glycerin, Polysilicone-11, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylresorcinol, Dipotassium Glycrrhizate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Propanediol, Retinol, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Xanthan Gum, Stearic Acid, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, PEG-100 Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, (Parfum), Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Cinnamal, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Limonene, Ethylhexylglcerin, Laureth-12, BHT, BHA, Potassium Sorbate.

Respected Contributor

@appm wrote:

I just got an email from Lovely Skin advertising a new Jan Marini hand cream for $135.00 for a whole 2 oz.  And I thought Dermalogica was expensive at $28.00.  That's one hand cream I won't be trying.

Only if it was sold in a gallon and had silver and gold in it

Respected Contributor

That makes Creme de La Mer's 85 dollar hand cream seem almost reasonable.