Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

What do you do to your hair on the day you wash it?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Icegoddess 

What do you do to your hair on the day you wash it?

I use a conditioner or cleansing conditioner.  Everything else it the same whether I shampoo or just wash.  

Respected Contributor

Hi, @NYCLatinaMe .  I'll try to post the pics -- I'm not very skiilled at it -- see if you can find January 23 at around 9:00pm.  That's when I took the screenshots so maybe you can find it online with that info.  Meantime, if I can get my pix from Point A to Point B, I'll let you know.

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

I hope this works............

AmyStranhaircut1AmyStranhaircut2.jpgAmyStranhaircut3.jpg

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe  Well, I see the pix so I guess you do, too!  Good!  I think Amy's hair always looks great, but I especially like it this way with a little fullness.  I was stupid and bought the Embellish spray.  My two cents is that it makes your clean hair look and feel dirty so what's the point?  I also feel like it leaves a stickiness and weird deposits of something (fibers??) which makes my hair dull-looking.  It also clumps and does not keep your hair looking full.  Your hair gets heavy and falls flat after a short time.  Back it goes ASAP.  Just my opinion as I'm sure there are fans out there who swear by it.

Respected Contributor

@Judaline Amen to that, sistah.  Curly girl here, but not good curl.  At this point in my life, I DESERVE straight hair.  I'm glad it's on my head, but when I think abot how much time and money and effort I've put into it, man, it's a lot.  I've had a straightening treatment in the past ("now it's too straight!") and recently had a few Lock N' Smooth treatments which are good cuz your hair isn't pancaked to your head and you can wash it in 24 hours, but I live in FL so I wash my hair 5-6 times a week so the treatment doesn't last very long.  It's never been long enough to pull up so I just have to deal with it.  Ugh.

Esteemed Contributor

@BarbiHollywood Thanks for posting the pictures!  I am guessing you saw my post on the Calista Embellish Finishing Spray and that is why you are mentioning it.

So I did see a video with similar styling to the one you were referring to.  I think I am passing at this time.  Not sure it works, based on all the negative comments, or that I would be using right now.  I am sure it will be on sale again, should I be tempted.

I do think the presentations are deceiving in that she is applying the product to pre-styled hair that has been brushed down.  If I could do that style myself, many hair products would work to add the volume.

Thanks again!