Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

I like that a lot!  I'll add it to my folder.  Thank you.

No, I still haven't got my hair cut yet.  I don't know what I'm waiting on lol

DH will be home tomorrow and said he will help with the housework.  Things are piling up because of my knee.  And when my house is "out of sorts", so am I.

He used to complain that our house never looked "lived in".  Well buddy, it looks lived in now Smiley Sad  Our new Goldendoodle, Frankie, is being spayed tomorrow and I'm hoping we can tidy up around here so she can rest and recuperate in a tidy house Smiley Happy I'm making a Google reminder right now to make a haircut appt.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

I think this one is my favorite so far.  The cut wouldn't vary much at all if I went with this.

hair.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

The haircut looks very nice @monicakm!. If you are not ready to cut your hair don't!

Honored Contributor

@BarbiHollywood 

Well I got my haircut today. It's like the bottom picture. She didn't have to do much different to the cut to create this look. She texturizes my hair quite heavily. Has your hairdresser ever mentioned doing that? I haven't styled it yet but it's already flipping out and I can tell it's going to look like or similar to the photo. It's definitely going to take product to reach this desired look. I'm used to that and don't mind using root pump and texturizing powder and hairspray.   I'm always happy with my cut and the one time I needed her to redo it, she agreed it was not right. She is a very lovely young lady that I enjoy spending time with.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm It sounds like you're pleased with your haircut -- and that's a very good thing!!!  I don't mind a little product, but down here in the Florida humidity, the last thing I want to do is fiddle too much with my hair 'cuz it only frizzes when I step outside (in the summer months).  Right now, our weather is on the chilly side which means it's a good hair day!!  I've had a treatment called Lock n' Smooth which makes drying it a bit easier, but it doesn't last too long because I wash it just about every day.  Yes, my stylist does texturize my hair and removes the "bulky" areas, but I caught Amy Stran and Maria McCool the other night and now want Amy's style.  Amy and Maria were demonstrating the Embellish spray and Maria really worked it into Amy's hair and it looked amazing!  I screenshotted the TV and sent the pix to my stylist.  I think I could go back and have her give me that style now, but she thinks I need to let it grow in just a bit more.  (I ordered the Embellish to see if I can do it while I grow it out.)  Amy raves about all Maria's products, but then the other night Amy did one of her "unboxing" videos, and she bought a ton of Nick Chavez products including the Flocker.  So now I'm wondering, if she loves Embellish for her hair, why'd she get the Flocker???  

Are we EVER happy with our hair???!!!!!!!  LOL!!!!   :-)   :-)   :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@BarbiHollywood Can't find the Amy Stran/Calista Embellish spray video you wrote about, it's been replaced.  if you could please share the picture.  My preferred hair length is not that different.

TIA!

Honored Contributor

I saw this late, so I know you've already had your hair done, but my suggestion to anybody would be take pics.  And since you were saying the style is very similar, ask your hairstylist for suggestions for products to obtain the look.

Of course, every time I take a pic to my hairdresser she tells me the model has a lot more hair than I do, so mine won't come out like that.  That's why I pretty much stay with what I have.  Also can't do bangs since I have a cowlick in the front.

I hate 2nd day hair, and forget about 3rd day.  I do only wash 4X/week (preferably MWF+Sunday) and only shampoo 1X/week, but 2nd day hair is still the pits.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I've always told my hairdressers that to me the sign of a good haircut is when it still looks good/styles good on day two and 3.  This wasn't the case so much when m hair was oily in my younger years.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I do only wash 4X/week and only shampoo 1X/week

What is the difference between wash and shampoo?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Icegoddess 

I do only wash 4X/week and only shampoo 1X/week

What is the difference between wash and shampoo?

@monicakm When some people say the wash their hair it means they shampoo it. I'm just making clear that I don't shampoo every time I wash my hair.