Respected Contributor

@monicakm The first picture is similar to how my hair is cut. 

I do not have that very pretty face that helps sell it but I have the cut.

Also the highlights in her hair help look. With the dark & light.

I took a picture to my stylist & told her I basically wanted a shag.

My hair is sort of perfect for this cut. Stick straight & it likes to flip out on the bottom. On one side. I have to help the other side with my flat iron.

I don't like product in my hair. It is a necessity to get my hair to hold any "style" though.

I don't use Gorilla Snot. I do use Slick Gorilla Texturizing Powder after I dry & do any styling that I need to with my flat iron.

A very small amount of the powder rubbed together in my hands & worked into my hair from underneath. Then I pick through my hair to get that piecey look.

Then I have to spray it with hairspray. I lift the top sections & spray or my hair just falls flat to my head.

Good luck with yours!

Esteemed Contributor

If you want the look of the first picture, I hope you have a very thick, dense hair. That's the type of hair that model has, and that hairstyle works for her. It would not work with fine textured hair. The second one is a shag. I prefer the fist one. 

Honored Contributor

@Judaline ............FYI that is a wig.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Effie54 ...........As I have told a couple of other posters, both of the models (Sophia has sold wigs for years and years, that is a very, very old picture) are wearing wigs.  The first one even has the word wig in the lower left corner.

Honored Contributor

@BarbiHollywood .................Its past time for you to find another hair stylist.

Honored Contributor

Very cute style!  I currently have a straight bob and I wonder how I would look with this style....it does take a lot of work to get the hair to have that perfectly windblown look!

Valued Contributor

Love the second photo!  Can you show your hairdresser that photo on your phone?

Trusted Contributor

Hi @monicakm 

maybe buy the wig!  Seems the easier solution.  I do like both. 

I think to make your hair look more choppy, talk to your hairdresser about highlights for texture.  once I starting geting highlights, I liked my hair much better.  It is easier to style, to look dimensional, thicker and choppier.  My hair is short chin length but long on the top.  I have so many layers-- my layers have layers.  

My hairdresser told me she cuts the underneath layers shorter to prop up the top layers.  She is the first person to every cut my hair so well.  It really is an art.  

Good luck.  Hope you love your new look!

Respected Contributor

Love the first photo's, choppy, semi-messy look. It's a really cute wig, on this model. I've a feeling, though, that it would look very wiggy, in person, on many.

It would be hard to replicate for a cut. I have a couple of friends who could rock this style, since their hair has the right texture and thickness. No way it would have worked for my hair.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

This is why I wish I had straight hair. 

@Judaline Keratin treatments have given me relatively care free straight hair.  I don't do them all the time because of the expense.

Without keratin treatments, the Calista TrianglPro Heated Detailer Hair Brush (A545672 now on sale at $69) has provided me with straight hair consistently, with more work, but less $$$.  One could then add the piecy look if desired with a little bit of product.