Regular Contributor

About 18 months ago I moved after having lived in the same town for 30 years. I have curly silver hair that I keep failry short and I had a marvelous hairdresser that I'd gone to since she got out of beauty school, probably about 15 years.  Curly hair can be a nightmare to cut if you don't have the knack and, before I found Jenny, I'd been subject to a few terrible hair cuts so, when I moved, I was afraid I'd end up going through that dreadful process again.  I knew no one in our new town and none of the women with whom I work have hair at all like mine.  Finally, in desperation, I want to a Super Cuts near my home because my hair was getting unmanageably long.  Seriously, I prayed before I went, and got hooked up with a young woman who can cut my hair beautifully.  She has just left the Super Cuts chain and now has her own chair in a nice salon.  Sometimes things really do work out.

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Katcat1

It would have made a fabulous coffee table book.  Might even have given hope to millions of women everywhere.  ("And I thought I looked ridiculous!  Check her out!")

@just bee...You provided a much needed laugh for me today! Just had to let you know.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I recently had posted a thread on my stylist leaving the salon.  Well, I tried someone different at the salon -- BIG MISTAKE.  I don't understand why the owner would let this person cut short hair if she does not know what she is doing.  This is the worse haircut I have experienced in over 40 years!  She did not know how to cut around the ears nor check to see if they were both the same or close to it.  I was such a fool to pay for it and give her a tip.  I just wanted to get out of there.  Never again but now I have to wait 6 to 8 weeks to grow out.  I will drive 20 miles to go back to the stylist that left the salon for a new salon  Another live and learn experience.  You are never too old to learn a lesson!Cat Mad

@Katcat1

Oh how I feel your pain.  Last September I received my worst haircut from the new owner's sister.  It took me awhile to find a new salon and more than 6 months for the random "layers" to grow out.

Respected Contributor

I totally understand.  Please consider talking to the manager (keeping it calm of course) to Discuss your disappointment, and maybe help the next person! 

I gave up long ago on stylists. I have difficult hair and was disappointed for years. So I educated myself, let it grow a bit and now I cut it myself into a basic cut. I’m so much happier.  🤓

At least it’s summer now and your hair should grow back faster...

Respected Contributor

Same strategy for me Sea Maiden!  I’ve never been happier since I quit going to salons!