Super Contributor

Best thing I ever did for my skin...

I stopped using Purity Made Simple! For years I struggled with dry skin. My whole face was dry but my forehead was extremely dry and flaky all of the time. Foundation always looked horrible. And no moisturizer, no matter how moisturizing or heavy, completely solved the problem. I used Purity twice a day to cleanse because it was the only thing I had found that would take off a full face of makeup. Then one day I found a natural face cleanser on Amazon (Tree to Tub Soapberry for Face.) I decided to give it a try. It took off all my makeup! And within 2 days, my dry skin was completely gone! No more flakes. I’m also using Alastin Skincare these days and have noticed a huge difference in texture and tone. To me, it’s worth the price. I’m so glad I got to the bottom of the issue and eliminated the Purity. I know everyone has different skin that reacts differently to every product, but I thought I’d share my experience.
Respected Contributor

Re: Best thing I ever did for my skin...

@StillRachB wrote:
I stopped using Purity Made Simple! For years I struggled with dry skin. My whole face was dry but my forehead was extremely dry and flaky all of the time. Foundation always looked horrible. And no moisturizer, no matter how moisturizing or heavy, completely solved the problem. I used Purity twice a day to cleanse because it was the only thing I had found that would take off a full face of makeup. Then one day I found a natural face cleanser on Amazon (Tree to Tub Soapberry for Face.) I decided to give it a try. It took off all my makeup! And within 2 days, my dry skin was completely gone! No more flakes. I’m also using Alastin Skincare these days and have noticed a huge difference in texture and tone. To me, it’s worth the price. I’m so glad I got to the bottom of the issue and eliminated the Purity. I know everyone has different skin that reacts differently to every product, but I thought I’d share my experience.

@StillRachB ~~ I had the same problem with it being very drying to my skin, especially on my nose, and cheeks (right to the side of nose.)  It does work for many, though!

Esteemed Contributor

I left the Philosphy line when the creator Christina Carlino skin became angry.  Didn't speak well for the product line at all. My skin was angry also and kept thinking it was me.

Used the rest of the Purity Made Simple to clean the bathtub, it does a really good job.

Super Contributor

@hopi the tub cleaner is hilarious! I use the rest I have as a makeup brush cleaner now. Their face products in general make my skin angry as well. But I do love their bath and body products. I am an amazing grace girl and continue to use the bath/shower gel and body lotion and cream. I’ve tried to find other things but I love the way it makes my (body) skin look and feel.
Honored Contributor

I stopped using the facial wash from Peter Thoas Roth as this made my skin very dry too.

I discovered Micellar instead to wash my face, take off all makeup including mascara whenever I may wear it.  I really like the Micellar Beauty 360 from cvs actually, lasts quite awhile too. My skin feels and looks clean, gently washed if you will by using facial cleansing pads. SKin feels good afterwards, then I can put on my night serum,  retinol for night usage.

Respected Contributor

I got a rash from Purity.  I also used the rest to clean makeup brushes.

I've been using Fresh Soy Facial Cleanser by Fresh for a few years.  Love it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@StillRachB

So happy you discovered what was going wrong for your skin!! Did you think it may have been your cleanser, or did you just want to try something else? 

Your Re: line would be a good one for all of us to answer -- the best thing we ever did for our skin!

Esteemed Contributor

I know a lot of ladies love Purity and won't use anything else - but Purity gave me a rash too.  That was over 10 years ago.  I've used several other cleansers since without similar problems.   You're lucky that solving your dryness problem was so simple!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

We're just all different.  My face reacts well to the Purity.  I used it for several years, then tried several other products, and returned to Purity almost 4 years ago.  Right now I'm probably a month way from finishing a stash of it and I'm going to open a bottle of PTR cleanser that came with one of his kits.

I assume I'll go back to Purity, but unless I have a negative reaction, I'll finish the PTR first.  And won't I be surprised if I love the results and change my mind!

Trusted Contributor

@StillRachB

It took me a while to figure out that it was causing my dry skin & red dots along my nose. I wonder if they changed the formulation in the past few years or my skin just couldn’t tolerate it anymore? Anyhow thanks to your post & the comments below I know what to do with the 3/4 full giant size bottle I have left. I can clean my bathtub & my makeup brushes with it. 😀