Honored Contributor

Re: Growing Out Pixi-💇

@jaxs mom wrote:

@patbz wrote:

Best tip for growing out hair:  go to the Hair Salon every six weeks (and let them know you are growing it out).

Heck no. It's going to take 5x as long to grow it out if you get it trimmed every 6 weeks. I've grown my hair out from literally shaved. 

Absolutely not! I grew out my pixie, several years ago, and during the growing out process I had it trimmed every 5-6 weeks. My grow out time was FAST! I had my new longer hairdo in no time! I can't imagine walking around with my hair not being neat and trimmed. But thats just me. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@patbz wrote:

Best tip for growing out hair:  go to the Hair Salon every six weeks (and let them know you are growing it out).

Heck no. It's going to take 5x as long to grow it out if you get it trimmed every 6 weeks. I've grown my hair out from literally shaved. 

Absolutely not! I grew out my pixie, several years ago, and during the growing out process I had it trimmed every 5-6 weeks. My grow out time was FAST! I had my new longer hairdo in no time! I can't imagine walking around with my hair not being neat and trimmed. But thats just me. 

I would say that depends on how fast your hair grows and your hairdresser.  Some hairdressers give you your money's worth and can cut too much off.

Super Contributor

Don't cut it!! Gone from short to long many times ..if u want it to grow \ do not cut i

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Third month growing out pixie. Found several videos on YouTube helpful great tips! Hair pins are wonderful twisting the hair into beautiful fun styles. If you have any suggestions feel free to share. 

The few times I've grown out my short layers were painful. I get it. My stylist just kept cutting the neckline straight across allowing the layers to grow into a short bob. From there, the rest is a piece of cake. Just grow it out to the length you want.