Honored Contributor

Re: Full makeup - at what age is it appropriate?

@AngelPuppy1 

Thank you.  She recently told her mom not to worry about makeup, she was going to Grammuffy for that.  She's definitely "warm" so I've given her a lot of my peachy toned makeup that I tried and didn't care for.

The thing I want to advise her on the most is skincare.  Other than the Fitish, it's a line of skincare with CBD in it, I don't know what she's doing for her complexion.  I know they both use Niacinamide.  They love the stuff.

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff 

My mother took me to a Dr as well.  My bil pierced all his daughter's ears with ice and a needle.  I can't even...but I'm a sissy.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl 

I couldn't believe it either!  In my late 20's I got second piercings at one of those jewelry kiosks at the mall -- they did a better job than he did!  I wore tiny rubies in them for ages.  I then in my 30's got one piercing and wore a tiny diamond.  In my late 40's, I got sick of the addional piercings and just have the first piercings now.  I remember we took my niece in to get her ears pierced when she was about 7 and the first ear got done and she screamed and cried and didn't want the other one done!  But finally she calmed down and got the other one done.  We were all traumatized by the time it was all over!  Whew!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff 

That sounds kind of awful!!!!  Those were the earrings that most of the girls were using and I wanted to do that but my Mom said --- no way!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

6th grade was elementary and I could wear all but foundation.  When I started at our Jr. High the next school year Mom let me do full makeup.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

When my daughter was four, I got her ears pierced at a beauty salon. Both ears were done at the same time by two cosmetologists and two piercing guns. Yeah I thought it would be so fun to have a fou fou girly girl. Surprise! She turned into a tomboy. Never wore makeup, still doesn't at age thirty five. Not a bit. Her signature look is 8 mm Pearl stud earrings and a white gold cross necklace. These items. never come off ever. She has run a full marathon, hiked Machu Picchu, swum in the Amazon River, climbed a mountain, zip lined through a jungle. All while wearing those pearl  studs. Lol

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother 

What an awesome sounding girl you have!   My daughter hasn't done any of that but she's a tom-boy thru and thru.  I did my best.  She wore the finest clothes, shoes and accessories.  She was wearing (baby) perfume when she was still in single digits.  Her waist long blond hair was never out of place.  I think she has rebelled.  She does have lash extensions and will put Benetint rose water on her lips but that's it.  No perfume even Smiley Surprised  Where did I go wrong? Smiley Sad

I zip-lined over the Vegas strip.  Does that count?  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@fairydogmother 

What an awesome sounding girl you have!   My daughter hasn't done any of that but she's a tom-boy thru and thru.  I did my best.  She wore the finest clothes, shoes and accessories.  She was wearing (baby) perfume when she was still in single digits.  Her waist long blond hair was never out of place.  I think she has rebelled.  She does have lash extensions and will put Benetint rose water on her lips but that's it.  No perfume even Smiley Surprised  Where did I go wrong? Smiley Sad

I zip-lined over the Vegas strip.  Does that count?  Smiley Happy

You made me laugh 😆 yeah I get it for sure. And absolutely the Vegas zip line counts! You're braver than I am 🥰

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm  I don't think you did anything wrong; your daughter just decided that she didn't need makeup. She probably feels more natural without it. It's good that she has made her own choices. Woman Happy (It's easy for me to make these comments because I don't have children.)

I don't know what age is proper for full makeup. Things have changed during the years and I'm not sure what young girls use. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain