Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@tbird, Doll 10's foundations are all yellow based. If you that is to your liking, you may like their foundations. They get good reviews but I can't wear yellow based makeup.

@Tricolor  Many makeup lines tend to have yellow based foundations...some more yellow than others. For warm or neutral complexions, yellow based works well. For fair or cool complexions or those who have any redness or rosacea, the yellow may counteract that providing a more neutral canvas. Bobbi Brown even has her famous yellow powder in her line to neutralize any redness. YBF on HSN also has yellow concealer and/or powder as a major part of their line.

Esteemed Contributor

I like Bobbi Brown foundation stick. It looks like my skin but better.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus, I know that many lines do this but I have found that I prefer a neutral based foundation. Hourglass is one of my favorite foundation lines and they have many choices for each individual preference. I can handle a very slight tinge of yellow but I found Doll 10 to be much too yellow for me.

Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I like Bobbi Brown foundation stick. It looks like my skin but better.

@Fressa  I’ve worn her foundation stick for over 20 yrs. I’ve never found another that was so easy, portable, blends well, light/medium buildable coverage...What more could you ask for?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Foundation question

[ Edited ]

I haven't tried the HydraLux foundation, but I would definitely recommend the Doll 10 HydraGel foundation.  This is my favorite of any I've ever used.  I still like my It CC cream and use it too, but I use HydraGel the most. I have very fair skin with quite a bit of redness.  I order the fair, and it covers well, evens out my skin tone and is a good match for me.  It also lasts throughout my workday.  I apply around 5:30 a.m. and it still looks pretty good when I get home anywhere between 4 and 5:00 in the evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

I saw the new IT Cosmetics matte CC cream SPF 40 in the blue tube at Sephora and they didn't have all the color testers on display - no light or light medium testers, only the fair and fairly light so I tried a bit of the fairly light and was not impressed. It was dry and thick and the color looked off like it ran dark as the fair looked darker than the fair in the regular CC cream SPF 50. I suspect that the matte product has oxidized in the tube or the brand has not done a good job of matching the shades from both lines. No wonder you never see anyone selling this stuff doing a side by side comparison of both CC creams. For that you have to do your own swatching in store or watch a youtube video of influencers who mostly got this product as PR.

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

I saw the new IT Cosmetics matte CC cream SPF 40 in the blue tube at Sephora and they didn't have all the color testers on display - no light or light medium testers, only the fair and fairly light so I tried a bit of the fairly light and was not impressed. It was dry and thick and the color looked off like it ran dark as the fair looked darker than the fair in the regular CC cream SPF 50. I suspect that the matte product has oxidized in the tube or the brand has not done a good job of matching the shades from both lines. No wonder you never see anyone selling this stuff doing a side by side comparison of both CC creams. For that you have to do your own swatching in store or watch a youtube video of influencers who mostly got this product as PR.

@TY  I’ve found that many CC creams are heavier/more cakey looking than foundation. They are color correctors and more pigmented.