Trusted Contributor

Re: First LipSTICK in Years!

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

That's what Kelly Strack (YTer) said (that it was hard to find).  I went to Amazon and there it was.

@monicakm , Risa does make-up uses it as well. 

I typically use NYX Gloss in Creme Brulee over the top or the Maybelline Lifter Gloss in Moon, Silk or the more clear one and I cannot think of the name off the top of my head. 

As an aside, I just went much darker with my hair and more ash with my highlights so I'm interested to try the lipstick on it's own.  With my very blonde hair, I needed the gloss for it to work.   

@Mimi 1883 , I didn't read your post until after I posted this and noticed you also mentioned the NYX gloss in creme brulee.  LOL    

@Lipstickdiva  😄 👍 They are great, aren't they?! I bought a NYX matte lipstick, Angel, and to soften both the matte and the shade, I top it with NYX Butter Gloss in either Creme Brûlée (my iPad automatically does this fancy spelling 😉) or Fortune Cookie. It turns out beautiful and really lasts. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@BalletBabe 

Woo hoo!  

@monicakm   I got mine today and I love it!   I bought two colors one you recommended and a darker and I love both.  I tend to like the darker colors at night and during the day the lighter.   Thanks for posting this!   I might order 2 more.   I am a lipstick hog.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Such a pretty color, and it's Revlon! I've worn this brand for years and years, and it's always been my favorite. I wear the lighter shades at home (I'm retired) and when I'm not going out (which is most days!). Hope you love your new lipstick!

Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 

Thanks for the suggestion but I think I'm good on lipgloss.  I'm sure some of it will get a little stale before I use it all LOL

BTW, I still don't have my Revlon lipstick.  It was supposed to be here yesterday.  Amazon says it's running late and will be today or tomorrow but USPS Informed delivery shows no packages for today or tomorrow.  I may never get.  I was here at my local PO and went back to Dallas Smiley Surprised  

gloss.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Mimi 1883 

Thanks for the suggestion but I think I'm good on lipgloss.  I'm sure some of it will get a little stale before I use it all LOL

BTW, I still don't have my Revlon lipstick.  It was supposed to be here yesterday.  Amazon says it's running late and will be today or tomorrow but USPS Informed delivery shows no packages for today or tomorrow.  I may never get.  I was here at my local PO and went back to Dallas Smiley Surprised  

gloss.jpg

@monicakm - Yes, that's a lot of gloss! 😄 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

@monicakm - Have you received this lipstick yet? Yesterday, I received only two items from my order: one It Cosmetics brush and the Too Faced powder. I was really hoping to receive the lipstick - maybe today. I'm thinking that it may be too dark, but keeping my 🤞. I can't wear "nudes" but am looking for a lighter peachy-pink. So far, no luck.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

FOR SALE:  Rare lightly used (once) nude Revlon lipstick.  Or save your money and just not put on any lipstick...you'll probably look better!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm     Since the masks, I wear my lipstick in the car and at home.  I never wear my mask in the car or outside (unless people are present).  I told you in another thread that it's a pretty color.  I don't know if I could wear as I need a little more color so I am not washed out.  ENJOY!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

Why do people wear masks IN their cars?  I see that every once in awhile.  Enjoy?  No, I won't be enjoying the nude lipstick.  It's hideous! LOL  I see it on younger girls and it looks very nice.  Now I wonder just how much better they would look with some actual color on their lips!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   I actually wore my mask in the car when I was riding with a neighbor and she wore hers.  I think that was being considerate of each other.  Sorry the lipstick did not work.  I use to buy Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers for $4.99 and they have some nice colors.  I have to look at them again.

kindness is strength