Contributor

Hello-

I am scheduled for Botox injections soon. I am wavering because I don't know if I should wait for a while or not. I am 56 and my main complaint is my 11's and droopy eyelids. Where does Botox make the most difference on your face? Is it really worth it? Cost? What has been your experiences-both good and bad adn any other advice is appreciated. 

Trusted Contributor

I have had it done three times for droopy lids and some crows feet.  I wish I would have done it sooner!  It has really opened up my eyes - my lids were droopy and  would stick together.  I honestly think it has helped my vision.  No pain and just a few tiny pin pricks that were very easily covered up.  It does take a few days for the full effect.  It has done what no eye cream could ever do! I get it done when my doctor has a sale and I would say it's around $250.

Honored Contributor

Re: First Botox Experience

[ Edited ]

Hi @lovinglife 2 - I had my crows feet done about 2 months ago - just 3 shots in each side. I didn't have any pain - they applied a numbing gel to the area prior to injections. It took approx. 15 minutes. No swelling, no pain whatsoever. I noticed improvement about 2 weeks out. I would definitely make sure your place charges you per unit, not "per area" of your face (that's a rip off). Am happy with the results, plan to continue it every 3 months and maybe add the elevens that are starting (I'm 45).  Totally worth it to me. Good luck to you!

Valued Contributor

$250 is a steal! Here in NY its like $10-15 per unit. I just do 11's and crows feet and my bill is $600.

My PS says full effect in a week to 10 days.

Valued Contributor

I go every 4-5 months and have forehead, 11's and eyes and it is $525 - I'm still under the original fee they charged nine years ago - new people pay more!  Totally worth it - going next Monday!  

Honored Contributor

@lianne wrote:

$250 is a steal! Here in NY its like $10-15 per unit. I just do 11's and crows feet and my bill is $600.

My PS says full effect in a week to 10 days.

$11 is a steal here in Carmel, IN.  It's usually $14 a unit.

I get botox in 11 area every 5 months or so.  It's well worth it!!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Re: First Botox Experience

[ Edited ]

I may get a bit around my eyes next month!

It's on average $350 or so for me just around 11's and a bit of forehead.   I have been blessed with a great injector!!

It will be $500 plus if I get eyes and more area in forehead--she said about $550.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

Imo, yes it is worth it. I had it done for my dd's wedding five years ago, and recently started again (along with QuantaBella and Juvederm). Wish I had continued it since the wedding! The discomfort is equivalent to a mosquito bite for me, which is nothing. I have it done for my ll lines. It is very nice not to look mad all the time, lol! Go for it! and do let us know what you think.

Honored Contributor

I had Botox for about three years.    Because I couldn't frown with the Botox, my frowning habits changed over time...........and my 4 "lightning bolt 1111's" have disappeared.    I still get Voluma and Juvederm.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I have not read the other post but I will be 60 in January and 30 days ago I got botox in my 11 lines and I love it........now we think he should use a smaller needle or soemting because my lines are coming back and they are supposed to be line free for 90 days I think..........I did swell for about a week.........and now I see the lines but they are small..........he is still half off and I would like them done again but when I saw him 10 days ago he said lets wait awhile and see.  I love it and I think it is called Dysport or something close to this.  I also had Restylane around my mouth and in my lips.........he just did a few shots in the lips and they did not stay full???  But the Restylane is wonderful around my mouth.........I had to go back and have him add more Restylane in the area I would call jowl right below the corner bottom under my bottom lip. IT IS PAINFUL but worth it and he stuck me a lot of times...........be sure to be off aspirin and fish oils and fish supplements to cut down on the bruising but it did not bother me to be bruised as I have not really put on make up since my last injection........I am ready to be seen with this work.  Giggles but really...........I also started taking the natural Hyland arnica tablets for under the tongue to speed up the bruising process.  I love it...........I hope to do it for many years and I hope it will last because it just makes me feel better looking at myself..........what pushed me is that my son said MOM you are just not attractive anymore and you used to be beautiful.......well, I think I still look nice but not my neck and of course due to meds I have gained 50 pounds from 88-157 but I think I am now back down to 150 and will be happy if I can get to 140..........I don't want to loose much because I don't want my face to have wrinkles from the stretching of the skin in my face..........but I don't think it would be that bad............I am happy I did it and I don't mind telling people............good luck.