Esteemed Contributor

At the two popular Dermatologists in town, they might be units, but they are selling calling it syringe.  One had a special and open house in October.  I brought, one Botox and two Juviderm syringes.  Got 300 off and 140 off for my points from BRILLIANT DISTINCTIONS. You get points for juviderm, restilyn, or botox that the office sends in.

To tell you in SR on SONOMA AVE, DR. M.  IS having a special now.  Dr. L. on Mendocino ave in SR had it in October.  I like both.

Info. for those that live in Northern cal.

Respected Contributor

Re: First Botox Experience

[ Edited ]

wow i guess i need to move to the west coast!  i had a PS do minne  2 x  and both times it was the same price.    i paid $20 per unit and got 30 units!    with the restylane it came to $1300 ! ps does a nice job but the cost is the reason i never went to him again and he is very arrogant.

it had my derm do it the first time and she charged even more. she put filler in after the botox on my 11s . if you still feel the 11s arent completely erased, filler helps a lot

for ball park estimates,  go on realself , top search bar select treatments, scroll down to botox, juvederm, restylane....

Honored Contributor

It scares me  to think of a needle being stuck in my face.  I am sure you ladies all look beautiful that had it done but so far I am going natural.  It is interesting to read about it if I ever do decide. 

There was a married couple that had what they thought was Botox injected in their face (the dr. decided to cut corners and buy a cheaper brand).  The couple both ended up in the hospital with major physical disabilities throughout their bodies and could not talk.  This was on one of those programs like 20/20 years ago.  It really was tragic.  You really need to know a reputable dr. or dermatologist.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

It scares me  to think of a needle being stuck in my face.  I am sure you ladies all look beautiful that had it done but so far I am going natural.  It is interesting to read about it if I ever do decide. 

There was a married couple that had what they thought was Botox injected in their face (the dr. decided to cut corners and buy a cheaper brand).  The couple both ended up in the hospital with major physical disabilities throughout their bodies and could not talk.  This was on one of those programs like 20/20 years ago.  It really was tragic.  You really need to know a reputable dr. or dermatologist.  Cat Very Happy

The posters here aren't likely to be using automotive silicone injections during a champagne party. Dateline and 20/20 make headlines b/c they investigate occurrences that are HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

If you wish to age naturally that's great for YOU and I respect your decision for YOU.

Me, I'm going out kicking and screaming the whole way.

Respected Contributor

@Sawn wrote:

Imo, yes it is worth it. I had it done for my dd's wedding five years ago, and recently started again (along with QuantaBella and Juvederm). Wish I had continued it since the wedding! The discomfort is equivalent to a mosquito bite for me, which is nothing. I have it done for my ll lines. It is very nice not to look mad all the time, lol! Go for it! and do let us know what you think.

@Sawn  what is QuantaBella and Juvederm? I am 45 and I have a crease on my chin from being a side sleeper and my eyes are really dropping (runs in family) not ready for botox but was wondering what these other two were.  Thank you!