Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite moisturizing soap?

@StillRachB   I have been using Zum bar soap for over 10 years now.  It NEVER dries your skin.  It's goat milk soap.  They sell at Whole Foods and they have a website Indigowild.com which will also list stores that sell their products.  I occasionally buy from their website and sometimes buy from iherb.com (free shpg. with $20 purchase).  I believe they have baby products too.  Almond is very nice but I also like Geranium, Clove Mint, Lavender Mint.  There is a nice variety.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I use bar soap so rarely anymore--mostly I use shower gels but I do buy pure soaps with no junk in it. Never use it on my face!!

Valued Contributor

South of France is my favorite!  I love the Lemon Verbena for hand soap and bar soap.

Contributor

I use the same soaps as you from BBW but I recently started using Curel lotion. It has done wonders for my chapped hands, they were like sand paper. I can't tell you how many expensive creams and lotions i have tried. This one seems to be doing the trick! And I'd like to say Congratulations also!

Honored Contributor

My favorite is Kiss My Face Olive Oil Soap.  

Trusted Contributor

@mimi5775 wrote:

@StillRachBSo happy for you!

Congratulations.. new life!

About your hands, I find being a nurse, and having taken care of my dad and mom as well.

I needed something that would last well and protect, just like the baby's creams in a way that repel urine.

I saw this in a Drs. office bathroom then in a gift shop at the hospital when my dad was there.

It's called Gloves in a Bottle 'sheilding lotion' for hands.

They also have a smaller one for the purse you can refill.

I also love Skin Fix hand repair cream, it takes a little to really heal that kind of skin you have and my sister has as well...and mine which are dry.

One BIG thing to remeber is something I use ALL the time....vinyl medical gloves! I use them cooking, cleaning for chopping foods every day all day.

I had many when I was in hospice nsy. and they let us take as many as I needed I must have 20 boxes left but did buy 2 boxes for 10.00 with 100 in each box! Can't live without them ove the past 8 years. So keeping hands away from water is VITAL as much as possible.

Use the gloves....they have saved me and you will be hooked!

EDIT: omg I'm losing it lol! this is for soaps you had asked...but my post may help anyway I hope, soaps can do just so much. Most Bath and Body products are not so good for sore hands and dry body.

The vinyl gloves really do help and do make a difference.

I started using them when we had to recently start medicating our old kitty.

Her medications were irritating my hands when touching them, so we got the gloves and I also started using them for other messy chores, like cooking and cleaning, too. They have been great for helping my hands.

I also feel that the lotion that I am using this Fall and Winter has also made a difference, too. 

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations!!!!  

Boy?  Girl?  Wishing you and the little one a very happy and healthy new year.

(sorry, I can't recommend a soap for you -- but I agree that the BBW hand soaps are very drying)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

Dr. bronners or dr. woods soaps . they are both great natural soaps .

cathy from ma

Occasional Contributor

A sweet baby! Wonderful! My tried and true combination for years is a humidifier,Original Dove Bar soap and Eucerin creams and lotions. These are all easily found at any drug store or grocery store.

Respected Contributor

I love Dove bar soap.  I've used it forever and don't have dryness problems.  

BBW I've tried, but their soap is the most drying I've ever used.