Honored Contributor

Re: Face sunscreen that does not clog pores?

To be fair I wanted to add that I have also used just a moisturizer with a sunscreen in it (chemical) and been on the boat all day and never got color on my skin either.  And they say all the time you need to use a separate sunscreen because you don't use enough moisturizer to get protection.  But it has always worked for me.

Valued Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

@lkat wrote:

My skin is is very breakout prone and this one is my favorite.  Right now Ulta is having a buy one get one 50% off sale.

The MyChelle Tinted Sun Shield Liquid SPF 50 is an oil-free formula with 100% mineral broad-spectrum protection. Blends weightlessly and seamlessly giving skin a fresh, healthy glow with a smooth, matte finish.

Formulated Without:

• Parabens
  • Petroleum
  • Phthalates
  • Silicones
  • Ureas
  • Artificial Fragrances
  • Artificial Colors

I went to Ulta this morning and bought two bottles with the second one 50% off and a 3.50 coupon.  I hope I like it.  Will try it tomorrow.  I was going through my stash of samples and found Josie Maran spf 47 lotion and it was like smearing vegetable oil on my face.   

I have been using Mychelle for a while now and it works great for me.  It is a very liquid consistency and you have to shake it well before each use.  Works great under makeup.  I'm not sure if it clogs pores because I always do a double cleanse with a cleansing balm followed by a gentle foaming cleanser.  I jumped on the Ulta sale too, even though I had just ordered two bottles.  I'll be stocked up for a while.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

At my microdermabrasion appointment yesterday, we discussed moisturizer-sunscreens.  

The LaRoche-Posay one you mentioned in a post above is one that consistently burns and stings my eyes...even with careful application away from my eyes.

The aesthetician gave me a bottle of Neovo to try....will post back later on it.

I have spent hours researching on line this week to no avail: the reviews seem to contradict the various products' claims from smell, ease of application/ removal, white cast, pilling, etc.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

Bliss Block.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@newjerseygirl wrote:

@chiclet 

@newjerseygirl 

Does that sunscreen give you a white cast?

@SilleeMee  Is this the one you use?  It says it is mineral sunscreen on the bottle.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@chiclet    Have you ever tried the Ultra Sheer facial sunscreen by Neutrogena?  On sale now with free shipping on Neutrogena's website.

I've been using that one for eons. It's my fave. @Katcat1 

Sorry, @SilleeMee .  I just saw your post for this one you use and like.  

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

I use the Ultra Sheer Liquid. This one:

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Sun Screen SPF 70, 1.4 fl oz - Pick 'n Save

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @SilleeMee . Woman Very Happy

Contributor

I am a big fan of Sun Bum products. I am ghost white and don't make a move without sunscreen.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

Used the Neova ( corrected spelling ) Everyday Facial Fluid  product today.  No burning or stinging of the eyes !  No animal testing.

Went on easy, no smell, slight white from the zinc disappeared into skin, no pilling, IT CC foundation went on beautifully and stayed nice looking all day.

While I had bought it at dermatologist office at $45, I ordered it on line at Walmart.com for $31.88.....same spf 44 and 2.5 fl. Oz.  Free shipping.

189C84BC-A49B-4143-991F-859CEA0B775E.jpeg

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill