Respected Contributor

Re: Face sunscreen that does not clog pores?

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

My derm and I are not fans of mineral sunscreens and here's why...mineral sunscreens act like umbrellas over the skin providing protection from the sun's rays. The concept is pretty simple but very vulnerable to failure when there's something which causes the mineral sunscreen to come off and then you're left unprotected. I have been badly burned while wearing a mineral sunscreen. OTOH with a chemical sunscreen that is not an issue b/c chemical sunscreens work by absorbing into the skin where it's not easily washed or worn away. Living at high altitude I cannot afford to lose sun protection by simply rubbing it off. No to mineral sunscreens for me.

I don't have a derm and not sure one would tell me this but I discovered this "truth" the hard way! LOL  I haven't ever found a mineral spf that works for me.  I have gotten a bad burn on my chest while wearing one on vacation several yrs back.  I was trying to use it up and put it on my chest...not my face.  

For some reason with my rosacea I do much better using a chemical spf product only.  Currently using LaRoche Posay serum spf 50 in a pump...rather pricey but it works so I'll stick with it and no it does not clog my pores and using my beauty spy cleansing balm which melts into a oil totally takes it off.

Honored Contributor

Re: Face sunscreen that does not clog pores?

@Jen44 wrote:
I was looking for the ultra sheer face 70 weightless liquid. I wish I'd taken a snap of it. It said that it had been discontinued. Maybe not? At least there are plenty of brands/options. Thank you.

@Jen44 

I just took a look at the Ultra Sheer Liquid on the Neutrogena website and it's still available in limited quantities. It's stated on their website that the product is being discontinued! NO! I love it and now it's going away. Darn! I will be looking for a dupe soon unfortunately.