Honored Contributor

Re: Face sunscreen that does not clog pores?

@Shanus ...........I know my comment was supposed to be a little funny to make a morning smile.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Shanus ...........I know my comment was supposed to be a little funny to make a morning smile.

@Imaoldhippie   Ah, I thought you were serious, but I have seen many women and men who think a baseball cap is sufficient protection.

Trusted Contributor

I am always on the look for a sunscreen that doesn't make my eyes water or have a fragrance or feel like a mask. Has anyone tried this? 

https://www.qvc.com/Lumasol-SPF-50-Starter-Kit-with-3-SPF-50-Vials.product.A463819.html?sc=SRCH

Trusted Contributor

My skin is is very breakout prone and this one is my favorite.  Right now Ulta is having a buy one get one 50% off sale.

The MyChelle Tinted Sun Shield Liquid SPF 50 is an oil-free formula with 100% mineral broad-spectrum protection. Blends weightlessly and seamlessly giving skin a fresh, healthy glow with a smooth, matte finish.

Formulated Without:

• Parabens
  • Petroleum
  • Phthalates
  • Silicones
  • Ureas
  • Artificial Fragrances
  • Artificial Colors
Honored Contributor

@newjerseygirl wrote:

@chiclet 

@newjerseygirl 

Does that sunscreen give you a white cast?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet wrote:

I am constantly on the search for a facial sunscreen I don't dread applying.   They always feel heavy and after a week or so I see those clogged pores in the 10x mirror.  I have been using mineral sunscreens.  I have oily t zone so it takes little to clog.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

@chiclet   Try to stay away from a highly magnified mirror. No one will ever see you that closeup and it encourages over tweezing and "picking" at things best left alone.

Your spf issue: Check with a medi spa in your area or a derm to get the best spfs for your issues. La Roche Posey makes a entire shelp of sunscreens (Target has the best assortment). Bring your readers and look for for one that says "non comedogenic"...doesn't clog pores. 

CeraVe Hydrtaing Sunscreen was developed by derms and may be a worth a try. You can also Google one that won't clog pores. I can't offer better advice than not to pick at your to unclog pores. If a scrub or acid doesn't clear up your issue, please get a professional cleansing facial. They can open the pores safely without leaving scars.

You may also want to steam your face over your sink of very hot water and a large towel that covers your head forming a tent. Try to stay with it for at least 5 minutes. Do this BEFORE a scrub/deep cleanser. When I do facials, my steamer is the best "tool" for opening pores which allows me to clear them out. 

***Many people are sensitive to the feel of sunscreens, but it's not worth leaving them out of your skincare routine. There IS one that meet your needs...just have patience. Most drug stores accept returns. Good luck.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet    Have you ever tried the Ultra Sheer facial sunscreen by Neutrogena?  On sale now with free shipping on Neutrogena's website.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

I am always on the look for a sunscreen that doesn't make my eyes water or have a fragrance or feel like a mask. Has anyone tried this? 

https://www.qvc.com/Lumasol-SPF-50-Starter-Kit-with-3-SPF-50-Vials.product.A463819.html?sc=SRCH

@KCDiva   It has a one star review here.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@KCDiva wrote:

@KCDiva   It has a one star review here.

@Shanus LOL I didn't even look at that. I just saw somneone post about it and it's convenience. QVC has so many products that are never shown on TV or talked about. Reviews sway my decision and sometimes not. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@chiclet    Have you ever tried the Ultra Sheer facial sunscreen by Neutrogena?  On sale now with free shipping on Neutrogena's website.

I've been using that one for eons. It's my fave. @Katcat1