Honored Contributor

Eyeliner Recs for Tightlining

I have worn eyeliner for as long as I can remember.  All of a sudden, I have decided I no longer care for eyeliner on my eyes.  I'm not sure what changed.  I have never liked black liner on me.  

For years, I have typically worn eggplant, aubergine or a bronze liner.  I have green eyes that are large.  I usually wear liner on the top only.  I prefer a liner that has a glimmer or shimmer to it.  Now I feel like it all looks too harsh on my eyes. 

The liners I use all last really well on my lids but don't seem to last when I tightline from the underside on my upper lash line.  I use Sephora Collection liners and I have a Pixie liner I love the color of. 

Does anyone have any recs for a liner I can use to tightline that will actually last?      

Respected Contributor

Re: Eyeliner Recs for Tightlining

I love the It Cosmetics tightline, but I think it only comes in black.

Honored Contributor

I have used IT Cosmetics Tightliner before and it was excellent for me.

Honored Contributor

I use a few options for tighlining:

Skinn Smudge Sticks

Skinn Eyeliner

Laura Geller Kajal Eyeliner

Laura Geller INKcredibles Eyeliner 

A narrow flat angled brush and eyeshadow - press into the lash line a little at a time as you go across,

Frequent Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   I really like the BareMinerals One Fine Line eyeliners (A537456). They come in a set of 4 for $38.

They stay on all day and are really easy to use.

Honored Contributor

I am sure everyone has their favorites, but S hanus is a makeup artist and I would check by her.

Respected Contributor

I love Laura Geller for tightlining. They stay put.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Janey2 

When you refer to IT Cosmetics Tightline, are you referring to the mascara/primer?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I am sure everyone has their favorites, but S hanus is a makeup artist and I would check by her.

@Lipstickdiva - I agree with @ECBG. Call @Shanus . 

I started tightlining when a Laura Mercier mua recommended it years ago. She recommended a cake liner, Bleu Marine. I had to practice and practice before I got it right! After a while I learned I could do the same thing with my favorite pencil liners, which I still do!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have worn eyeliner for as long as I can remember.  All of a sudden, I have decided I no longer care for eyeliner on my eyes.  I'm not sure what changed.  I have never liked black liner on me.  

For years, I have typically worn eggplant, aubergine or a bronze liner.  I have green eyes that are large.  I usually wear liner on the top only.  I prefer a liner that has a glimmer or shimmer to it.  Now I feel like it all looks too harsh on my eyes. 

The liners I use all last really well on my lids but don't seem to last when I tightline from the underside on my upper lash line.  I use Sephora Collection liners and I have a Pixie liner I love the color of. 

Does anyone have any recs for a liner I can use to tightline that will actually last?      

@Lipstickdiva   I prefer tightlining over lining the eyes on the top lids. The key is using a waterprrof product whether it's a gel liner (Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown or MAC) or a waterproof pencil by Mally or I like Urban Decay 24/7 pencils. Navy is my color of choice because it's dark enough to define, softer looking than black and makes the whites of the eyes appear whiter.