Honored Contributor

No E-mail for me.  I just don't buy enough beauty products to get me to anything past the basic level at any store/site.  In fact, I guess I lost points with the new year at any place that I had any.  I did take advantage of Ulta's 20% off coupon in December but didn't think to use up whatever points I had.  

Respected Contributor

I did not make one purchase from Sephora last year! 😳😳. I just like Ulta’s points and perks a lot better, and if there is a certain brand I want to try, I can usually find a better deal on the brands website. 

Ulta is always sending emails with codes, well way more often than any Sephora sales. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I've been purchasing more at Ulta and less at Sephora. I see little advantage to the VIB or other staus that gives you a % off a few times a year. Most of the items I want to purchase are either sold out in my cart or get out of stock before I can purchase. There are no points/dollars to redeem like at Ulta. 

The other plus is that my Ulta stores are free standin and I don't have to go to the mall during COVID.

@Shanus , Sephora does have points you can use though.  Right before Christmas I purchased an item from Sephora and had accumulated enough points for $10.00 off my order.  I chose that rather than the gifts that were being offered at my level.

I'm also lucky that my closest Sephora is a free standing store, just like Ulta.      

@Lipstickdiva   Guess I don't purchase enough at Sephora to get points...

Honored Contributor

Check your account on Sephora, they extended my VIB status for 2021. Maybe they saw that Ulta did it and followed suit.

Honored Contributor

My heart still belongs to Sephora but since I'm suffering with a bone on bone knee issue, I've only been in there once since May.  My husband dropped me off in front of Ulta last weekend.  There was nothing I NEEDED, I just wanted to look around.  I got one leg out of the car and put it back IN the car.  It wasn't worth it Smiley Sad  I think Sephora is the first place I'm going, post surgery, when I can drive again if they have products on display. 

Honored Contributor

I did get the email from Ulta.  I was glad they did that.  I had a few hundred dollars more I needed to spend to keep my status.  I wasn't going to purchase things I didn't need just to keep it.