Respected Contributor

TSV , does anybody even like this stuff ?

I can't believe they keep pushing Plexaderm , the reviews are bad , i would think they get a lot back. The size is  a joke. Serious skincare invented this type of product and at least you get a reasonable amount , even though you only use a pin size. I guess with the pandemic they can't get decent products for TSV's . I think QVC needs new beauty buyers. They seem to be sleeping on the job. Any body feel different about this as  a TSV ?

Trusted Contributor

Re: TSV , does anybody even like this stuff ?

Plexaderm is a joke. Their commercials are completely obnoxious. The people they use in them actually look worse in their after shots. They all look like 40 miles of bad road, especially the 60-something personal trainer. I don't know why anybody would waste their money on that dreck.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It looks ridiculous!  I can't believe people actually fall for that hype.  No cream is going to reduce eye bags like that, but I guess people are always looking for that "miracle cream" that just doesn't exist.

Trusted Contributor

@LuvmyLab And if you really look at the befores and afters, there is a very slight difference, not enough to justify the price of that carp. The bags, lines, and age spots are still very visible. And if you really look close, notice that none of the people in the afters are smiling. I read some of the reviews and found out why. This junk is made of shale rock and if you smile, it cracks and peels off your face. Shame on QVC for selling this garbage. Just goes to show there's a sucker born every minute!

Respected Contributor

I wasn't saying this kind of product doesn't have a place in our beauty stash , when used properly and expectations are down to earth , but serious skincare or westmore beauty is a better deal  and can work  when used in a problem area , burt don't expect miracles. Ijust remember the reviews about the pumps also. I hope to see some great TSV's better than this in the near future .

Honored Contributor

Not sure how some can say it doesn't work when they haven't tried it.

It works on my Mother, but, then she follows the directions.  She didn't give up when it didn't work well at first, but she kept trying until she perfected the technique.

She uses it on her undereye bags and I'm amazed at the difference.  

Common mistakes are using too much and not waiting until it's perfectly dry, then telling everyone it doesn't work.  

Honored Contributor

My late father worked in retail his entire adult life, and he always said

There is a buyer for everything that is made !!!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have any belief in products being sold.  And if you look carefully at the before and after... there are slight differences in the lighting and the position of the model.  And my pet peeve and or rant... Look carefully at some of the hosts and vendors.  Many of them have been in the doctors office getting botox or the like.  And there is no disclaimer.

Honored Contributor

When I told my husband this morning what the TSV's were on QVC & HSN today he said "Scraping the bottom of the barrel aren't they?"  At least the disinfecting cleaners fit in with the January theme of getting organized, cleaning, and losing weight.  

I did see that several people like it on the TSV board.  I don't need a product like this, but for me it would be a huge no anyways since you can't use your skincare with it and you have to use a water-based foundation.   I would think most people in the age category to need this type of product would also need an oil-based foundation.  I suppose there are mineral foundations, but I don't use or care for those.  I'm also not interested in a product that limits my choices of other products to use. 

I also remember once when someone grabbed me and talked me into applying something similar to this on my bags which I don't think I actually have, but he knew how to take the picture so it appeared I did.  The one thing I remember about it was it made my eyes feel tight and uncomfortable the entire day and I was so happy to finally get home and wash it off.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Not sure how some can say it doesn't work when they haven't tried it.

It works on my Mother, but, then she follows the directions.  She didn't give up when it didn't work well at first, but she kept trying until she perfected the technique.

She uses it on her undereye bags and I'm amazed at the difference.  

Common mistakes are using too much and not waiting until it's perfectly dry, then telling everyone it doesn't work.  

People put down products and give strong opinions when they haven't even tried it @Foxxee .  Obviously there are many out there that use it or it wouldn't be on the market.