Valued Contributor

I see La Mer products sold in Nordstrom. Do peope really pay that much for skin cream? I see prices up to $2,400!! WOW!!! 

Respected Contributor

Yes, they do.  I read years ago that some Hollywood stars buy vats of the stuff.  If it helps them to look younger, and their face is important to them for commercial reasons, then it is an investment to help them maintain their income level. 

The facial creme is good stuff.  I was given a free sample of it a long time ago, from a friend who worked closely with the late Estee Lauder when the creme first came out.  La Mer is a very light, non-greasy, completely and readily absorbable product. It smells nice, and it makes the skin feel wonderfully hydrated.  I loved that initial product, and I was so sad when that sample ran out. 

Valued Contributor

La Mer has been around for a long time, and has lots of fans.  I used it for a quite a while, and it did nothing for my skin.  Thought it was just me.  Turned out...it wasn't just me.  I've found better results with far less expensive fare.

Honored Contributor

I use the soft cream, it's the best one I have ever found, last a long time. 

never repurchased any face stuff before other than this 

Esteemed Contributor

Lots of LaMer currently offered on Costco dot com. 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought Serious Skin Care's version (Ultra Mare) - just to see what it's  all about! 

Super Contributor

@Ibby114  I bought the set on ShopHQ and I dearly love it for my dry skin. The best night cream I have ever used.

Esteemed Contributor

@cozyseeker wrote:

@Ibby114  I bought the set on ShopHQ and I dearly love it for my dry skin. The best night cream I have ever used.

@cozyseeker  good to know, thanks! I have't tried it yet, I have too many opened  items in my current regimen.... Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I have used the oil free gel like version since I have combo skin, the original formula has mineral oil in it. It was just Ok, nothing miraculous. 

Trusted Contributor

@mare54  It's good stuff. I keep a jar of the original cream around all the time as nothing works as well for a rash, uber dry skin anywhere on the body, eczema, cuticles, dry patches on the feet, chapped lips, sunburn, etc. You use VERY little. Dear friend found out it does a better job on her skin issues (she has many due to allergies) then any Rx her doctor has prescribed. It feels SO good on dry skin, lol. Love it.

"Coming to ya from Florida"