Honored Contributor

Eating Out - Outside - and Makeup

We have been eating out - outside - at places we have always frequented and trust. In the past eating out was an occasion I went all out for- dress and makeup, even when it was casual dress. Tonight when I was putting on my makeup I thought "why bother?" 

When we are at the table eating with masks off the server can see me, and I want to look nice. I usually wear just eye makeup and maybe something to cover my darker under eye allergy circles. I wear a lip color that doesn't come off on anything. But I don't wear foundation or blush.

I thought why bother with eye makeup. I could wear just eyebrow gel and a little mascara.

What do you do?  I miss makeup!  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Re: Eating Out - Outside - and Makeup

Hi @beach-mom 

I go fresh faced, sans make up and just a tad of Prai moisturizer. that's it. 

I miss AIR CONDITIONING when having a meal out!

Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I put makeup on for me, I never wore much and right now is very warm so I have started using Pericone no makeup makeup, with powder to matte it down, wore that, eye line under my eyes and mascara, put on lipstick in the car and said to my self silly, you are going to put on a mask and I immediately took it off.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I haven't used makeup for such a long time that when I used some today it had become thick and clumpy.

Honored Contributor

When I go out I wear makeup.  I wear a light tint on  my face, blush, lip color and sometimes I take Stone eyeshadow pen for under the lower lashes.  It makes me feel good mask or not.  I wear a mask inside but if no one is around, I don't wear it outside or in the car.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

My makeup has stayed the same since I wear a face shield...a little powder foundation, eyebrow pencil & lip stain. 

Honored Contributor

I just can't NOT wear makeup when going out whether it's out to dinner or Walmart or just to visit family.  Heck, when my grandchildren are coming to spend the night I "put on my face".  Don't want them having (fond) memories of an ugly Grammuffy for goodness sakes!  I wish I was like my mother and put it on first thing in the morning whether she was leaving the house or not.  I do make myself presentable before DH gets home Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I.MISS.MAKE-UP.TOO!  I HATE MASKS!  And please don't respond with any "better safe than sorry" type comments.  I don't live my life I fear...period.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I always wear makeup every day - for me and not to impress others or look better just for when I go out!!!  

Trusted Contributor

We just went to an outdoor dinner last night.

I put on my make up as usual, but I was more light-handed. I didn't put on as much eyeshadow or eyeliner as I would normally use when going out go to dinner on a Saturday night.  My foundation was lighter as well.   It was really warm out last night and I figured everything would melt off anyway.