Honored Contributor

Re: Eating Out - Outside - and Makeup

I don’t go out much due to my risk factors. When I do I wear tinted SPF & do my eyes & brows. Just not using that much makeup right now. 

Valued Contributor

I only wear eye and brow make up.

Honored Contributor

I put make up on every day...same routine as pre covid.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I.MISS.MAKE-UP.TOO!  I HATE MASKS!  And please don't respond with any "better safe than sorry" type comments.  I don't live my life I fear...period.

@SurferWifeI, I'm not sure whether this means that you don't wear a mask in indoor places or if you just wanted to make a statement.

In any case, those of us do take precautions are not living in fear. That was an unnecessary slap.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

I.MISS.MAKE-UP.TOO!  I HATE MASKS!  And please don't respond with any "better safe than sorry" type comments.  I don't live my life I fear...period.

@SurferWifeI, I'm not sure whether this means that you don't wear a mask in indoor places or if you just wanted to make a statement.

In any case, those of us do take precautions are not living in fear. That was an unnecessary slap.

@suzyQ3   I hate masks too!  I do wear them when I go into a store...never in the car and I take it off after leaving the store outside. 

I wear it because we're supposed to and I believe it helps  block the virus a bit....but not much.  If you can breathe you can still potentially breathe in the virus.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@suzyQ3   I hate masks too!  I do wear them when I go into a store...never in the car and I take it off after leaving the store outside. 

I wear it because we're supposed to and I believe it helps  block the virus a bit....but not much.  If you can breathe you can still potentially breathe in the virus.

@haddon9, I hate them also. But my main point wasn't about hating masks. I just don't like the inference that those that abide by the safety precautions are living their life in fear.

Even if masks help a little (I happen to think that they help more than that, especially if everybody were to comply), it and social distancing are all we have right now.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I haven't been to any restaurants since all this started.  Haven't been much of any place, really, with the exception of food shopping occasionally, drug store, couple of doctor's appointments, and couple of times to get an ice cream!  No point in putting on makeup for any of these things as I never take mask of, with the exception of the ice cream and then DH and I sit in the car and eat it.

I haven't worn much makeup since I retired any way, but I DO miss wearing it - especially my lipsticks and glosses!  I have a gazillion of these and used to wear a different one every day!

I thought not wearing foundation, powder, etc. on my face each day would improve my skin, but instead, I think it's made it worse!  However, I just don't see any point of applying it when I go to the above-mentioned places when I am covering my face (smothering my skin) with a mask! 

I hears some people on this one show talking and they said --- wearing masks is great!  What???  You don't have to smile, you don't have to make contact with people, no one knows what you really look like, and if you have a big zit or horrible skin, it's all covered up!  Hmmm, kind of a strange way of looking at it, but, if it gets you to wear a mask, then I guess it's a good thing! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I also have a question -- what would be a good setting spray for me --- fragrance free -- since I have really reactive skin?  Thanks, Shanus!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus 

I also have a question -- what would be a good setting spray for me --- fragrance free -- since I have really reactive skin?  Thanks, Shanus!!!  

@AngelPuppy1   The only unscented one I'm familiar with is by Morphe. I usually use the ones by MAC...slightly scented. 

Valued Contributor

Like many of you, it's hot summer here in the deep south. My makeup routine for the dog days of summer has always been very little: some mascara and eye shadow and maybe a burt's bees lip tint and that's it. I can't stand the feeling of makeup being on my face when I'm in nature's sauna, so until October or so it will be minimal. The humidity is just too thick in the air. 

I'm looking forward to summer letting up a bit. I'm starting to replace some of my  makeup as a lot of time has gone by during this pandemic and I suspect it's not as fresh as it should be. 

I've already replaced my mascaras.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon