Respected Contributor

Re: Eating Out - Outside - and Makeup

l live in Florida so eating out in the heat would not be an option for me.  I don't wear any makeup when I go out now  the because of masks.  I used to never go anywhere without at least some on.  Now I don't look at anyone and no one looks at me.  It is just a run in and grab what I need and out the door.  The mask is not fun to wear so I do what I have to do in it as fast as possible.  I will only eat out when I can eat inside and feel safe and relaxed and enjoy my meal.  That may not be for years...

Respected Contributor

I'm still going to work every day and have to wear a mask so I don't bother with face makeup at all. I just do my eye makeup as I always have because that's the only part that shows. 

Honored Contributor

I put make up everyday.  I always have and always will.  I don't use alot of it but I use it.  I especially wear when going out to dinner.  People still see you when seated.  I still dress up and not wear lounge in sweats or pj.  I still need some sort of normalcy in my life.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in Arizona and few restaurants have outdoor seating for obvious reasons. We're on our 33rd day of over 110.  We can eat inside in the air conditioning. Still I wear little makeup because just wearing the mask from the front door (I put it on right before I enter a building and take it off the second my foot hits the outdoors) makes me sweaty. I usually only wear moisturizer and some blush. 

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom  Easy answer for me. I have not eaten outdoors or ordered out food since Covid. Now in Fl. we are in a hot spot so its out of the question. I would also think that cooks that work in hot kitchens can't possibly wear masks for hours.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning. Yesterday we went to a very small (about 12 people) family birthday cookout out of town. It was on the patio, separate tables spaced far apart, so we took our masks off except to go inside to use the bathroom. 

Yes, I wore my usual "mask makeup", but upped it a bit since I haven't seen this part of the family for over 6 months and I felt like being festive. 

I did my skincare (always, which includes spf especially since outside, I used a waterproof, sweat proof type of spf). Then I applied my tinted moisturizer, concealer, cream blush topped w/ matching powder blush (NARS "O"), a little neutral, light grey/heather shadow, brows, navy tightline and mascara. Lip pencil applied all over & blotted down with lip balm. Laura Mercier setting powder in t zone.

I'm finding the trick to any makeup or skincare staying on with a mask in this hot weather is setting spray. I find I'm using it daily just to keep my skincare/spf in place if that's all I'm wearing. The spray also keeps makeup from transferring to the inside of my mask making them easier to clean. 

Respected Contributor

Shanus- what spf do you use on your face?  I am looking for a new waterproff, sweatproof one.  I use Neutrogena Hydroboost right now and it is fine for everyday wear but it is not sweatproof and is constantly getting in my eyes at the beach.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ninjawife   This comes in clear or a universal tint. I have both. 40 minutes waterproof, but I find at least 4-6 hours waterproof w/ setting spray applied on top.AE32AA74-DDF7-44B6-809D-68EE82656325.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I am so over wearing makeup anymore---just use my skincare and put eyebrows on--a thing from my chemo days---and that is it!!  I don't go anywhere and ESPECIALLY not eatting in restaurants and won't until things clear up---maybe years before that happens. 

Honored Contributor

I always wear makeup except for when I'm at home on  lazy days.  Today I'm not going anywhere but will be zooming with my kids soon and I put on both makeup (light foundation, blush, lipstick, mascara & eyeliner) as well as earrings.....I like feeling put together.

I would never go out to eat without feeling pulled together...but that's how I am.