Contributor

Dry under eyes from aggressive products I could use before menopause

Hello everyone. First of all I would like to thank you for all the lessons I’ve learned on the forums. You ladies/women are great!!! I’ve always taken extremely good care of my skin. Before menopause I could even put Tazorac prescription strength around my eyes. Whoa!!!! Not anymore. I have overdried out the area under my eyes and I need some suggestions.I’ve used sunblock since my mid-twenties, not smoked and have great genes. I love learning about skincare, makeup and haircare. I’ve done all my usually emergency rescue solutions. Nope!!! Again, I know all the basics and then some. Are there any out of the box thinkers out their. Once again thank you for your willingness to share with us what has and has not. Thank you so much for your help. This group is made out of lifesavers!😉☺️😉☺️
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dry under eyes from aggressive products I could use before menopause

@Kymheart1    for the past couple of months I have been using Tatcha The Serum Stick under Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. My under eye area has never looked this good. HTH

Trusted Contributor

When my skin gets really dry I will apply desert essence jojoba oil all over my face, including lips before bedtime.  That seems to help.

Honored Contributor

@Kymheart1   I agree about using an oil under the eyes, but apply it over your eye cream to seal it in. I'd also discontinue any actives you may be using under the eyes. Keep in mind that if you apply anything close to the orbital area, it can move up closer on its own...like retinols, Vt. C, etc.

If not already using a very gentle cleanser on your face, try Vanicream Gentle Face Cleanser. (drugstore or Amazon). If possible, lay off any eye makeup for a few weeks which would eliminate having to use a product w/ a cotton pad to remove mascara, liner, etc. which can be more irritating.

In situations like yours, I usually also recommend changing SPFs temporarily to ones labeled "baby" which are much more gentle and can be applied to the under eye area.

Hope my suggestions somewhat help the undereye dryness. 

Esteemed Contributor

I swear by Dr.Denese eye creams----any of them work for me  but my favorite is the collegan.There is an intensive one that provides extra moisture so that might work a bit better for you. IMO  Good luck. 

Contributor

Thank you everyone for your input!!! I’m on it!☺️☺️☺️
Honored Contributor

I am much more about hydration than I am moisture. My face is super super dry or it would be if I didn't bombard it with hydration hydration hydration and more hydration.  So consider products that are super hydrating. Also squalane oil is very very good for dehydrated skin.  It's also a detoxifier, can fight skin damage and free radicals which accelerates the aging process.  Dry/dehydrated skin looks like the desert floor. Hydrated skin is plump and moist and looks like peat moss 😁